RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Bikes: Surly CrossCheck, Moto Fantom29 ProSL hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 658 Times in 497 Posts
Originally Posted by jjafterdark View Post
What I dispute is whether or not what we call "viruses" are actually infections agents or not. There are certain rules known as koch's postulates which dictate whether or not "viruses" so defined are actually infectious. There is zero experimental evidence in support of this claim.
So you're talking about ALL viruses? common cold, flu, HIV, ebola, the works? Well I'm no virologist, I'm a mathematician. Obviously I don't have the academic qualifications to tell you or anybody else what's up with viruses, everything I 'know' about viruses falls under the category of general lay knowledge. Same as with economics, and history, and chemistry, and linguistics, and psychology, and astronomy, and everything else in the world I don't have time to read about personally.

I have faith that the virologists of the world approach their science like I approach mine, so I trust what they have to say. Why shouldn't I?

What are these koch postulates you're talking about? Why are they the criteria that must be met? What are the scientific procedures used by virologists, and how do they fail to meet that standard?

There is however, overwhelming evidence for example that:

a) Italy has the oldest average population age in Europe

b) Wuhan has one of the highest percentages of smokers in the world

c) Italy's death toll is attributable in 99.2% of cases to other serious underlying medical conditions.

Basically, the "world wide" pandemic consists of nothing more than very old people in Italy dying of chronic health conditions and a bunch of chronically ill smokers in Wuhan coughing a lot.
OK, but those Italians have been going along being old, and those Wuhanians have been smoking, for a long time. Why did they suddenly start dying more than before? And why are the symptoms that originated from Wuhan spreading by traceable contact all over the world?

Also, what did you think of viruses in 2019 and before?
Old 06-10-20, 10:49 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Rube, it was a bit of a trick question. Yes, there are photos of "viruses." However, there is not one single experimental study which can demonstrate that viruses are infectious and cause disease.
Or an example of you demanding 'photographic evidence' not in good faith, and changing the rules of the game when called on it.

Look at how hysterical the fake doctor becomes when questioned in the slightest. It's because they have zero evidence to back up any of their claims about the "coronavirus" fake "pandemic."
Which fake doctor are you talking about who is getting hysterical? I have only seen real doctors who don't get hysterical.
Old 06-10-20, 10:52 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Originally Posted by 79pmooney View Post
To get on topic - after 4 pages of discussion, it is clear that conspiracy theory prevention isn't happening. For perspective, remember, Columbus sailed roughly a fifth of the way around this world when it was known to be flat.
The conclusion of that article:
It’s also important to know when to give up. “If they don’t engage openly and in a way that suggests a willingness to compromise, then I would walk away and wish them well,” Uscinski said of people with a strong belief in a conspiracy. “I would like all of the people I care about to believe the most authoritative information, but I don’t control other people’s minds, and attempting to do so might not work out in my favor.”
matches the conclusion of the Qassam book. If somebody is already a full-fledged Conspiracy Theorist, they cannot be argued out of it, only deeper into it. It seems that's where jj is already at.

ps Columbus knew the world was round. that's why he tried to get to India by sailing West.
Old 06-10-20, 10:56 PM
jjafterdark
Banned.

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Yup, germ theory is wrong because there is no experimental evidence of any kind to support the claim that one person can infect another with "germs" and therefore cause disease. I challenge you or anyone else on the planet to prove such a claim.

I welcome you to check out the work of Andrew Kaufman MD. He does a good job of answering all of your questions. He has his own website and youtube channel and has conducted dozens of interviews, including with LondonReal.

I have absolutely zero faith in any scientist unless they can prove their claims. Germ theory is 100% unfounded, as is clearly and rather pathetically demonstrated by the incoherent rantings of the so-called "medical doctor" posting in your thread. That "medical doctor" has been ranting incoherently, shouting insults, using profanity, and using his or her faith in the ideas of quantum physics as supposed "evidence" of viruses are infectious and cause disease.

You can't demonstrate any more of a bizarre and incoherent thought process if one tried. I feel sorry for this person's patients, assuming that person is an actual medical doctor, which I seriously doubt they are.

In related news, the Tanzanian government was informed that goats and fruit were tested "positive for coronavirus." This is a 100% scam.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/06/faulty...e-in-tanzania/

Originally Posted by RubeRad View Post
So you're talking about ALL viruses? common cold, flu, HIV, ebola, the works? Well I'm no virologist, I'm a mathematician. Obviously I don't have the academic qualifications to tell you or anybody else what's up with viruses, everything I 'know' about viruses falls under the category of general lay knowledge. Same as with economics, and history, and chemistry, and linguistics, and psychology, and astronomy, and everything else in the world I don't have time to read about personally.

I have faith that the virologists of the world approach their science like I approach mine, so I trust what they have to say. Why shouldn't I?

What are these koch postulates you're talking about? Why are they the criteria that must be met? What are the scientific procedures used by virologists, and how do they fail to meet that standard?

OK, but those Italians have been going along being old, and those Wuhanians have been smoking, for a long time. Why did they suddenly start dying more than before? And why are the symptoms that originated from Wuhan spreading by traceable contact all over the world?

Also, what did you think of viruses in 2019 and before?
Old 06-10-20, 10:58 PM
jjafterdark
Banned.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
None of your fake outrage is relevant. It's just a cheap attempt to change the subject. Either you can prove that viruses are infectious and cause disease or you can't.

That's right. You can't.

Or an example of you demanding 'photographic evidence' not in good faith, and changing the rules of the game when called on it.

Which fake doctor are you talking about who is getting hysterical? I have only seen real doctors who don't get hysterical.
Old 06-10-20, 10:59 PM
noisebeam
Arizona Dessert

Bikes: Cannondale SuperSix, Lemond Poprad. Retired: Jamis Sputnik, Centurion LeMans Fixed, Diamond Back ascent ex

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Quoted: 4317 Post(s)
Liked 909 Times in 517 Posts
I think I'm peaking
Likes For noisebeam:
Old 06-10-20, 11:00 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,329 Times in 698 Posts
Would you be willing to allow someone to inject you with HIV or SARS-CoV-2 or polio, just to test the hypothesis?

Something tells me you don't really believe the nonsense you are posting.
Old 06-10-20, 11:01 PM
79pmooney
A Roadie Forever

Bikes: (2) ti TiCycles, 2007 w/ triple and 2011 fixed, 1979 Peter Mooney, ~1983 Trek 420 now fixed and ~1973 Raleigh Carlton Competition gravel grinder

Mentioned: 100 Post(s)
Quoted: 2391 Post(s)
Liked 833 Times in 562 Posts

ps Columbus knew the world was round. that's why he tried to get to India by sailing West.
Columbus knew. Just like the Greeks who calculated the Earth's diameter 2000 years before the flat earth people and the doctor knows COVID is real and infectious.
Old 06-10-20, 11:01 PM
skookum
cyclotourist

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 72 Posts
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it,'"
Old 06-10-20, 11:03 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

However, there is not one single experimental study which can demonstrate that viruses are infectious and cause disease.
Do you mean there never could be, in principle? Or there happens never to have been one yet?

That picture with the orange colorization up there shows a cell bursting because of all the coronaviruses that have replicated inside it after infecting it. Is cell death from viral replication not a disease?

The study they conducted was:
The current study of remdesivir, a drug developed by Gilead Sciences Inc. and NIAID-supported investigators, involved two groups of six rhesus macaques. One group of monkeys received remdesivir and the other animals served as an untreated comparison group. Scientists infected both groups with SARS-CoV-2. Twelve hours later the treatment group received a dose of remdesivir intravenously, and then received a daily intravenous booster dose thereafter for the next six days. The scientists timed the initial treatment to occur shortly before the virus reached its highest level in the animalsí lungs.

Twelve hours after the initial treatment, the scientists examined all animals and found the six treated animals in significantly better health than the untreated group, a trend that continued during the seven-day study. They report that one of the six treated animals showed mild breathing difficulty, whereas all six of the untreated animals showed rapid and difficult breathing. The amount of virus found in the lungs was significantly lower in the treatment group compared to the untreated group, and SARS-CoV-2 caused less damage to the lungs in treated animals than in untreated animals.
What does it mean when they claim that the scientists 'infected both groups with SARS-CoV-2'? Why did 7/12 of the monkeys get sick, why did the monkeys without the antiviral treatment have fewer viruses in their lungs, and less damage in their lungs?

What kind of scientific study would meet your standard of evidence to prove that sars-cov-2 is infectious and causes disease?

Germ theory is just that: a theory. And it is wrong.
Do you have the truth about what causes transmissible disease?
Old 06-10-20, 11:05 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

None of your fake outrage is relevant. It's just a cheap attempt to change the subject. Either you can prove that viruses are infectious and cause disease or you can't.
lol you're the one that changed the subject by multiple times demanding photographic evidence, and then claiming it was just a trick question!

That's right. You can't.
You're right, I'm not a virologist. I don't have access to laboratories or medical equipment or training to use or interpret it. All I can do is listen to the people who do.
Old 06-10-20, 11:08 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Originally Posted by noisebeam View Post
I think I'm peaking
Originally Posted by skookum View Post
"Never wrestle with a pig. You just get dirty and the pig enjoys it,'"
Yes, it's already obvious we cannot produce evidence that will satisfy jj (by which I mean jj has already discounted all of mainstream science, and which jj interprets as 'jj wins'), so there's not much point to discussion.
Old 06-10-20, 11:08 PM
jjafterdark
Banned.

Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Case closed.

You're right,
Old 06-10-20, 11:27 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

This is both the functional and moral equivalent of arguing with a holocaust denier.

Welcome to my ignore list.
Likes For wgscott:
Old 06-10-20, 11:29 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Enough about me, let's talk about scientists. What would a scientist have to do to convince you? What would that experiment look like?
Old 06-10-20, 11:31 PM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Enough about me, let's talk about scientists. What would a scientist have to do to convince you? What would that experiment look like?
What am I, chopped retrovirus?

Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
Would you be willing to allow someone to inject you with HIV or SARS-CoV-2 or polio, just to test the hypothesis?

Something tells me you don't really believe the nonsense you are posting.
​​​​​​​
Likes For wgscott:
Old 06-10-20, 11:43 PM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

That's not a good test. If jj is relatively young and healthy, he's got a less than half-percent chance of dying, so he'd take the injection, and >99% chance he survives AND gains immunity AND trolls about it even harder.
Old 06-11-20, 05:49 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 556 Post(s)
Liked 348 Times in 184 Posts
Sheesh. I go away for a while and the wackos come out of the woodwork. With a Grade A concoction of mixed conspiracy.
But what chance have we got... with old dudes managing to stage their fractured skull in order to scan police communications. Jumping the shark...
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 06-11-20, 07:08 AM
wgscott
Occam's Rotor

Talking

That's not a good test. If jj is relatively young and healthy, he's got a less than half-percent chance of dying, so he'd take the injection, and >99% chance he survives AND gains immunity AND trolls about it even harder.
I guessed he was old and cranky (in addition to being delusional.)

For the record, I also suggested HIV. Worked for Deusburg.
Old 06-11-20, 07:22 AM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 295 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7817 Post(s)
Liked 1,277 Times in 728 Posts

That's right. You can't.
jjafterdark, please leave the thread. Do not post any further in this thread.
Likes For BillyD:
Old 06-11-20, 09:07 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Quoted: 18601 Post(s)
Liked 2,133 Times in 1,568 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
This is both the functional and moral equivalent of arguing with a holocaust denier.
...I have done that, in person, with a guy who used to work with me in a Library Friends group sorting books for resale in the non profit store we have here.
It's frightening and entertaining at the same time, kind of like the most dangerous amusement park ride you ever went on. And similarly, after it's over you feel a little nauseous.
Old 06-11-20, 09:11 AM
RubeRad
Keepin it Wheel

Originally Posted by BillyD View Post
Thx BillyD. And for the rest of us, if jj does us the favor of leaving us in peace, the least we can do is not talk smack about him. Don't give him an excuse to return and defend himself.
Likes For RubeRad:
Old 06-11-20, 09:11 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

...OMG how did I miss this thread?

.................................................................................................... .............................................
Old 06-11-20, 09:16 AM
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic

...I'm trying to put myself in your position right now, compadre. Even in the good ol' days, it was like herding cats. Only now the cats have all been locked up in the apartment for two months, while you were away on vacation.
Old 06-11-20, 12:15 PM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 617 Post(s)
Liked 269 Times in 194 Posts
>>> can we protest censorship ??? doesn't everybody being EQUAL mean something anymore ... there is an inalienable ameriKan right BUT not a god given right to say speak & echo words that will bring public and/or official scorn down upon oneself > even jesus did it ... what is the poor guy to do now ? ... harass LGBTQs ? ... espouse the "TURNER DIARIES" on the FOO thread ... ride his bike ... i see no problem with his idiotic absurdities BUT maybe it's just me looking in the mirror JU JITS you

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.