Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Coronavirus/COVID-19
Reload this Page >

When do we see the impact of "Herd Immunity"?

Notices
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Discussion of the novel coronavirus

When do we see the impact of "Herd Immunity"?

Old 07-01-20, 03:48 PM
  #51  
CycleryNorth81
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 775

Bikes: custom Cyclery North (Chicago), Schwinn Circuit

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked 155 Times in 89 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
>>> at least U & WG are more smirk than jerk you 2 grasshoppers may find that CLEARLESSNESS is a fault that one can see through in time IF one would only use more than 1 mind > good luck
>>>>>> And remember WHEREVER you go, there you ARE. This statement is always true. (Notice how many arrows I use to emphasize the statement).
CycleryNorth81 is offline  
Likes For CycleryNorth81:
Old 07-01-20, 06:59 PM
  #52  
jack pot 
Fxxxxr
 
jack pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: falfurrias texas
Posts: 593

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 213 Posts
^^^^^^ like
__________________
... and so it goes
jack pot is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 06:11 AM
  #53  
livedarklions
I'm cross-chained
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 7,816

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Motobecane Fantom CX; Giant OCR A1

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4035 Post(s)
Liked 2,910 Times in 1,655 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
>>> at least U & WG are more smirk than jerk you 2 grasshoppers may find that CLEARLESSNESS is a fault that one can see through in time IF one would only use more than 1 mind > good luck

I've taught people how to write clearly.

You need to know that no one can follow your posts because you aren't writing coherently.

I honestly can't tell whether or not I agree with you because it mostly reads like gibberish.
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-02-20, 07:24 AM
  #54  
jack pot 
Fxxxxr
 
jack pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: falfurrias texas
Posts: 593

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
I've taught people how to write clearly.

You need to know that no one can follow your posts because you aren't writing coherently.

I honestly can't tell whether or not I agree
if you "teach" writing then you need to learn that destructured syntax & duality of meanings compliment post modernist's concepts ... anyone with a brain can write dick & jane ... if you can't follow my train no need to post blame ... i can write in the plain but don't lay on the shame cause i choose to explain in ways that cause the dumb to complain >>> i post to evoke answers not to convince anyone that i know more than them ...FWIW I can mimic any writing style from post modernists( pound) to the dulled out structuralists (pulp fictioners) but i can choose whereas it appears most of the "liberal" minded bicyclists in P&R are as prejudiced against my form as they are prejudiced to trump's substance > so much for open minded discussions on a bicycle forum it's not like this crap is any different than bar talk and if some these smirks think that they can solve the covid puzzle HERE it's fine with me no matter how far out the JJs go or how techy the WGs get it's ALL the same white noise > THIS INCLUDED
__________________
... and so it goes
jack pot is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 08:15 AM
  #55  
livedarklions
I'm cross-chained
 
livedarklions's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: New England
Posts: 7,816

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Motobecane Fantom CX; Giant OCR A1

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4035 Post(s)
Liked 2,910 Times in 1,655 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
if you "teach" writing then you need to learn that destructured syntax & duality of meanings compliment post modernist's concepts ... anyone with a brain can write dick & jane ... if you can't follow my train no need to post blame ... i can write in the plain but don't lay on the shame cause i choose to explain in ways that cause the dumb to complain >>> i post to evoke answers not to convince anyone that i know more than them ...FWIW I can mimic any writing style from post modernists( pound) to the dulled out structuralists (pulp fictioners) but i can choose whereas it appears most of the "liberal" minded bicyclists in P&R are as prejudiced against my form as they are prejudiced to trump's substance > so much for open minded discussions on a bicycle forum it's not like this crap is any different than bar talk and if some these smirks think that they can solve the covid puzzle HERE it's fine with me no matter how far out the JJs go or how techy the WGs get it's ALL the same white noise > THIS INCLUDED

Well, as long as you're intentionally writing badly, /ignore

I had enough of that postmodern crap in grad school, thanks .
livedarklions is offline  
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 07-02-20, 08:33 AM
  #56  
wgscott
Occam's Rotor
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,299
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 719 Posts
Standard sentence structure and punctuation could only help.
wgscott is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 08:37 AM
  #57  
wgscott
Occam's Rotor
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,299
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 719 Posts
..... (deleted)

Last edited by wgscott; 07-02-20 at 08:40 AM.
wgscott is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 08:58 AM
  #58  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
> so much for open minded discussions on a bicycle forum it's not like this crap is any different than bar talk ...
...this topic has arisen before. In a bar, people can punch you. So actually, it is mildly different.
3alarmer is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 12:33 PM
  #59  
jack pot 
Fxxxxr
 
jack pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: falfurrias texas
Posts: 593

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
Standard sentence structure and punctuation could only help.
>>> structure could only "help" in the sense that it meets YOUR criteria & that criteria only matters if one is fixated with CONformity over substance. As for me i ignore no one because im interested in how these forum exchanges become so real to some. The fact that "posts" evoke a cry for prose rigidity so members of a bicycle forum can better understand some singular point of view is absurdism to the enth degree. Bicyclers are pretty much moderate leftists and that's OK, but when a forum clique tries to dictate the form of one's writing, the forum itself becomes a case study in the same intolerance that it purports to challenge > the WG post & the JJ post may seem polar opposite to some but to me the WG post & the JJ post are existentially identical. One should not come to a bike forum to demonstrate that they are a real smart or tough or rich or cool or vapid guy in the real world: one's best role on a forum should primarily be to examine the thoughts & attitudes of others. As for the disenchanted grad schooler that's had enough post modernism i recommend a JOHN COLTRANE boxed set a blue LAVA LAMP a topped off BONG AND some SYLVIA PLATH wannabe to soothe your strunk & white ruffles remember grasshoppers> ignore yourself if you want to know others
__________________
... and so it goes
jack pot is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 02:03 PM
  #60  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
.. to soothe your strunk & white ruffles
...please tell me you did not impugn the memory of E.B. White.
3alarmer is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 02:04 PM
  #61  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
..... (deleted)
.....(redacted)
3alarmer is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 02:11 PM
  #62  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
...White's dachshund, Fred, has always been one of my personal heroes.

3alarmer is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 05:34 PM
  #63  
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Off the front
Posts: 326

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF SL 8.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked 362 Times in 143 Posts
Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
Several of the Northeast states seem to be acting like they've conquered the virus, and are trying to impose travel restrictions, quarantines, etc.
I'm not sure where you got that impression, but here in New York state we are *NOT* feeling like we've conquered anything yet. There are still active cases state wide, and there are travelers bringing it to remote parts of the state with unchecked reckless abandon and disregard for others. I live in a pretty sparsely populated area (fewer than 11 people/mile sq, which is pretty sparse compared to much of the country, and there are towns here, just miles and miles of woods in between) and the latest cases are linked DIRECTLY to people from other states who traveled here and were sick. A couple of them knew it, and came here by airplane from other states, then drove for a couple hours to get to the more remote parts of the state to which I am referring. So, we've conquered NOTHING at this point. We're just trying to keep the first wave from blooming straight into a full-on tsunami and taking out the whole continent. Stay home, stop the spread, keep away from others, wear your mask, wash everything, touch as little as possible, stay healthy, be happy. Good luck to those states that thought this was a big joke. I feel badly for them now. And I promise you all, this ain't gonna go away soon.
AdkMtnMonster is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 07:35 PM
  #64  
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 1,774

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 803 Posts
Yup, look what Texas’s attitude was and now look what is happening. I saw and we saw this coming with everything relaxed and it ain’t happening attitude. Well look what we got now! Not Good. Bubba and Bubbaette I want to here the trash talk now. I’m. Texan and proud and ain’t moving but some of my people well I don’t know just dumbazz........
Hondo Gravel is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 08:17 PM
  #65  
jack pot 
Fxxxxr
 
jack pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: falfurrias texas
Posts: 593

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by 3alarmer View Post
...please tell me you did not impugn > E.B. White.
... the great word satan
__________________
... and so it goes
jack pot is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 10:02 PM
  #66  
wgscott
Occam's Rotor
 
wgscott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6,299
Mentioned: 61 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2366 Post(s)
Liked 1,410 Times in 719 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
>>> structure could only "help" in the sense that it meets YOUR criteria & that criteria only matters if one is fixated with CONformity over substance. As for me i ignore no one because im interested in how these forum exchanges become so real to some. The fact that "posts" evoke a cry for prose rigidity so members of a bicycle forum can better understand some singular point of view is absurdism to the enth degree. Bicyclers are pretty much moderate leftists and that's OK, but when a forum clique tries to dictate the form of one's writing, the forum itself becomes a case study in the same intolerance that it purports to challenge > the WG post & the JJ post may seem polar opposite to some but to me the WG post & the JJ post are existentially identical. One should not come to a bike forum to demonstrate that they are a real smart or tough or rich or cool or vapid guy in the real world: one's best role on a forum should primarily be to examine the thoughts & attitudes of others. As for the disenchanted grad schooler that's had enough post modernism i recommend a JOHN COLTRANE boxed set a blue LAVA LAMP a topped off BONG AND some SYLVIA PLATH wannabe to soothe your strunk & white ruffles remember grasshoppers> ignore yourself if you want to know others
>>>>>> Deconstructionism >> Herminutics >>>>> “Class is used in the service of outmoded, elitist perceptions of society,” >> says Debord; however, according to Hanfkopf , not class that is used in the service of outmoded, elitist perceptions of <<<<^^^ society, but rather the failure, and subsequent rubicon, of class. <><><<<<?> semioticist paradigm of discourse holds, we have to choose between libertarianism and dialectic preconceptual theory ;;; semioticist paradigm of discourse which is a central theme of Gibson’s Mona Lisa Overdrive is also evident in Count Zero, although in a more self-falsifying sense.,>;"}}}}} choose between libertarianism and neocultural capitalist theory. Postdialectic Marxism implies that the task of the observer is significant form.
wgscott is offline  
Old 07-02-20, 10:41 PM
  #67  
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker
 
Hondo Gravel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Hondo,Texas
Posts: 1,774

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1329 Post(s)
Liked 1,236 Times in 803 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
>>>>>> Deconstructionism >> Herminutics >>>>> “Class is used in the service of outmoded, elitist perceptions of society,” >> says Debord; however, according to Hanfkopf , not class that is used in the service of outmoded, elitist perceptions of <<<<^^^ society, but rather the failure, and subsequent rubicon, of class. <><><<<<?> semioticist paradigm of discourse holds, we have to choose between libertarianism and dialectic preconceptual theory ;;; semioticist paradigm of discourse which is a central theme of Gibson’s Mona Lisa Overdrive is also evident in Count Zero, although in a more self-falsifying sense.,>;"}}}}} choose between libertarianism and neocultural capitalist theory. Postdialectic Marxism implies that the task of the observer is significant form.
Is Karl Marx a heavy metal band? Reconstruction from Deconstruction has it merits. Everything always sounds good until it is is put into practice. Then it succeeds or fails. Like a football offensive strategy or a defensive formation. Yup, Marxism sounds like a good deal for the disenfranchised but you end up poor with no ice or beer and no cooler
Hondo Gravel is offline  
Old 07-03-20, 05:18 AM
  #68  
Trevtassie
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Down Under
Posts: 1,696

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 359 Times in 192 Posts
I wish people would read aloud what they write. As somebody who has to say the words as I read them I find these stream of consciousness rants challenge my lung capacity, and I have literally no idea how to sound out arrows. Do I say left arrow, left arrow, left arrow, right arrow, or can I just lump them all into one basket "arrows; left or right, lots of", and for goodness sakes don't get me started on cursive brackets of either the left or right variety "exclamation mark"
Trevtassie is offline  
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 07-03-20, 06:32 AM
  #69  
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer
 
Biker395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,028

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 202 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Everything always sounds good until it is is put into practice. Then it succeeds or fails. Like a football offensive strategy or a defensive formation.
“Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.”

~ Mike Tyson
__________________
Proud parent of a happy inner child ...

Biker395 is offline  
Likes For Biker395:
Old 07-03-20, 06:52 AM
  #70  
jack pot 
Fxxxxr
 
jack pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: falfurrias texas
Posts: 593

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 213 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
>>>>>> Deconstructionism >> Herminutics >>>>> “Class is used in the service of outmoded, elitist perceptions of society,” >> says Debord; however, according to Hanfkopf , not class that is used in the service of outmoded, elitist perceptions of <<<<^^^ society, but rather the failure, and subsequent rubicon, of class. <><><<<<?> semioticist paradigm of discourse holds, we have to choose between libertarianism and dialectic preconceptual theory ;;; semioticist paradigm of discourse which is a central theme of Gibson’s Mona Lisa Overdrive is also evident in Count Zero, although in a more self-falsifying sense.,>;"}}}}} choose between libertarianism and neocultural capitalist theory. Postdialectic Marxism > implies that the task of the observer is significant form.
>>>
__________________
... and so it goes
jack pot is offline  
Old 07-03-20, 08:52 AM
  #71  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
Originally Posted by jack pot View Post
... the great word satan
Originally Posted by E.B. White
Usage seems to us peculiarly a matter of ear. Everyone has his own prejudices, his own set of rules, his own list of horribles. The English language is always sticking a foot out to trip a man. Every week we get thrown, writing merrily along. English usage is sometimes more than mere taste, judgment, and education—sometimes it's sheer luck, like getting across a street.
...quoted from The New Yorker.

Originally Posted by Trevtassie View Post
I wish people would read aloud what they write. As somebody who has to say the words as I read them I find these stream of consciousness rants challenge my lung capacity, and I have literally no idea how to sound out arrows. Do I say left arrow, left arrow, left arrow, right arrow, or can I just lump them all into one basket "arrows; left or right, lots of", and for goodness sakes don't get me started on cursive brackets of either the left or right variety "exclamation mark"
Originally Posted by E.B.White
Young writers often suppose that style is a garnish for the meat of prose, a sauce by which a dull dish is made palatable. Style has no such separate entity; is nondetachable, unfilterable. The beginner should approach style warily, realizing that it is himself he is approaching, no other; and he should begin by turning resolutely away from all devices that are popularly believed to indicate style—all mannerisms, tricks, adornments. The approach to style is by way of plainness, simplicity, orderliness, sincerity.
...quoted from the final chapter in The Elements of Style.
3alarmer is offline  
Likes For 3alarmer:
Old 07-03-20, 08:55 AM
  #72  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
.
...there was a time in my life when I set it as a personal goal to read everything written by E.B. White (everything still in print, that is.) It was a remarkably pleasurable experience. His wife, Katherine, wrote a wonderful book on gardening as well.
3alarmer is offline  
Old 07-03-20, 08:59 AM
  #73  
jack pot 
Fxxxxr
 
jack pot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: falfurrias texas
Posts: 593

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 644 Post(s)
Liked 311 Times in 213 Posts
^^^^ the NORMAN ROCKWELL of writing > he wrote children's books AND essays for the plentied people BUT BUT BUT i do like ZANE GRAY & I love ELMORE LEONARD > evil pleasures
__________________
... and so it goes
jack pot is offline  
Old 07-03-20, 09:30 AM
  #74  
3alarmer
Friendship is Magic
 
3alarmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Big Tomato
Posts: 18,922

Bikes: old ones

Mentioned: 259 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18669 Post(s)
Liked 2,195 Times in 1,616 Posts
.
...plentied people read too, you know.
3alarmer is offline  
Old 07-04-20, 06:35 AM
  #75  
Biker395 
Seat Sniffer
 
Biker395's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: SoCal
Posts: 5,028

Bikes: 2008 Scott CR1 Pro; 2006 Schwinn Fastback Pro and 1996 Colnago Decor Super C96; 2003 Univega Alpina 700; 2000 Schwinn Super Sport

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 673 Post(s)
Liked 448 Times in 202 Posts
Another study about a reduced HIT.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...lsHd5Zm_FUh3yI
__________________
Proud parent of a happy inner child ...

Biker395 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.