Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Vintage Schwinn

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Vintage Schwinn

Old 06-21-13, 06:19 PM
basset1

Bikes: Vintage Schwinn Traveler, circa mid 80's, Raleigh Route 4.0, 2013

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Vintage Schwinn

Hi,

I usually post in the fifty+ forum, but it was suggested to me that I post here as well. The reason is because I recently decided to start bike riding again after a 20+ year hiatus, and I inherited Dad's Schwinn Traveler which had been the basement for as long as I had stopped riding because of the chaos life becomes sometimes. Dad had given me the bike long before he passed, and I rode it quite a bit, but boy was I nervous the first ride out of the shop. It had a complete tune up, new tires, tubes, chain, sprocket and whatever needed to be done. It rides great, and I had her out again today. I love this bike, and I think it is an early/mid 80's bike. I know for certain Dad had her in 86. Anyway, I love this bike so much, that I am going to ride her very little, keep her in tip top condition, and ride her on special occasions.

I am new to Bike Forums, as I only joined last week, and being on the list is driving my bike riding ambition. I used to bike a lot, and everyday, and since I am in the process of getting back into it, and I plan to ride a lot again and join a bike club, I made the decision tonight to purchase a new bike, the main one to ride, and what I brought home tonight is a Raleigh Route 4.0 comfort hybrid. It caught my eye when I brought the Schwinn in for the tune up, etc., and I almost opted for it and not the care for the Schwinn, but I am super glad I did both. And I am glad the Schwinn is out of the basement. I brought my sister's bike in for a tune up tonight, hers is the same year and color as Dad's, but hers is a Schwinn World Tourist. When I got to the shop with Sis's bike, I walked in acting like I was complaining, saying, look the tires are flat already, because the clerk thought I was bringing back the one that they just worked on. I had to quickly say only kidding, this is Sis's bike that I told you about.

OK, here is a link to photo bucket with pictures of the traveler.

Enjoy, and thanks for a great forum.

https://s880.photobucket.com/user/pierre219/slideshow/
Old 06-21-13, 06:33 PM
elboGreaze
carpe diem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That bike looks exactly like the Traveler that I just sold, it was an '83 model. They actually are pretty decent bikes . Welcome and best wishes with your riding plans .