Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Hybrid Bicycles
Reload this Page >

Please Help?! Hybrid Purchase Help!?

Search
Notices
Hybrid Bicycles Where else would you go to discuss these fun, versatile bikes?

Please Help?! Hybrid Purchase Help!?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-18, 05:14 AM
andrei_r

Bikes: Giant FCR 3 with lots of mods, Brazilian made Caloi 100.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Matthew2121

thanks for the response! So regarding the sensor needing a head unit. I was under the impression you could use your phone and connect via an app, is that incorrect? I'll check out the CPU your referring to. When you say it fits in their built in mount, are you referring to Trek's BLENDR system? Or something else? Sorry noob here XD. And with regards to the bottle holder, I need to see it on the bike that's for sure. I'm crazy OCD so I want the colors to flow well. So with bike being black and red accents..I was either gonna do the red pedals, black holder, and then red bottle...or red pedals, red holder, and black bottle. Ahhh first world problems lol. I'm just not sure if I had the red pedals and red bottle holder if it'd be too much ? What do you think? Thanks for any and all help!
Black bottle in Texas not a good idea unless you enjoy drinking hot beverages on your rides.

Edit: just realized that you're in southern California. Doesn't really change the black bottle advice though.

Last edited by andrei_r; 07-27-18 at 05:27 AM.
Old 07-27-18, 05:28 AM
Jarrettsin

Bikes: 2016 Trek FX7.4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 7 Posts
To early in the morning I didn’t think of that yes you could use your phone
Old 07-27-18, 09:17 AM
livedarklions
Tragically Ignorant

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Giant OCR A1; SOMA Double Cross Disc; 2022 Allez Elite mit der SRAM

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 8186 Post(s)
Liked 9,098 Times in 5,054 Posts

Ok guys so my bike is coming in tomorrow and should be ready by Saturday. I talked with the shop some more on pricing and what not, and wanted to lay it out for y'all (apologies I'm from Texas XD) so you can let me know what you think, if you don't mind that is..if it's a good deal or not, opinions, really any thoughts on it! etc. thanks for all of the input thus far. Really appreciate it!!

- 2019 Trek FX 3. Black matte with red accents
- Bontrager Quantum MIPS helmet in black
- Bontrager Integrated Kickstand
​​​​​​- Bontrager Bottle Cage either matte black or red
- Race Face Chester Pedals in red

TOTAL out the Door - $694

I can also add the Bontrager Duotrap S+ sensor for an extra 25-30 bucks. Not sure if I need that yet, I do love tracking stats with just about everything I do, so if I understand what this does..could be cool..has anyone used one of these?

Anyways that about wraps it up. Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated. As always, thank you!!

-Matthew

If you're planning on bar ends, go ahead and have them install the adapters if they'll do it for free. It's a little bit of a pain because you have to move the shifters.

I also replaced the tires because I already had a pair that better suited the riding I do. I like a smoother tread than the stock tires, but they otherwise seemed ok.

Sounds like you done good. Enjoy the bike!
Old 07-27-18, 09:55 AM
Porters

Bikes: 2005 Trek 7500FX, 2015 Scott Solace, 2017 Salsa Vaya

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Ok guys so my bike is coming in tomorrow and should be ready by Saturday. I talked with the shop some more on pricing and what not, and wanted to lay it out for y'all (apologies I'm from Texas XD) so you can let me know what you think, if you don't mind that is..if it's a good deal or not, opinions, really any thoughts on it! etc. thanks for all of the input thus far. Really appreciate it!!

- 2019 Trek FX 3. Black matte with red accents
- Bontrager Quantum MIPS helmet in black
- Bontrager Integrated Kickstand
​​​​​​- Bontrager Bottle Cage either matte black or red
- Race Face Chester Pedals in red

TOTAL out the Door - $694

I can also add the Bontrager Duotrap S+ sensor for an extra 25-30 bucks. Not sure if I need that yet, I do love tracking stats with just about everything I do, so if I understand what this does..could be cool..has anyone used one of these?

Anyways that about wraps it up. Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated. As always, thank you!!

-Matthew
Don't forget a bike lock!!! You are going to need it with that awesome looking bike!!
Old 07-27-18, 02:01 PM
sail

Bikes: Yep

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 8 Posts
Enjoy your new bike! A pump of some sort will be needed, I have a Joe Blow floor pump with a gauge and usually carry a small Pocket Rocket pump on the bike along with patches, tire irons and a couple of tools.