Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Bianchi from the mid 80's

Old 09-19-20, 04:36 PM
gpcrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Bianchi from the mid 80's

I bought this bike in either 85 or 86 while I stayed with an uncle in Fasano, Italy. Carried it over as check baggage back to the states, rode it pretty infrequently and stored in my garage until now. Looking to buy a hybrid bike and am thinking about selling this one, but have no idea if it's worth anything or not. All original, the rubber around the brakes has deteriorated and the tires have separated from the rims, but other than that, it is all original, including the pump and water bottle. Any ideas on the model and what I could sell it for in current condition, or cleaned and fixed up? What things should I not touch and leave as original for the pro's to handle.

Thanks in advance-
Greg

Old 09-19-20, 07:35 PM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
It looks like it needs a good overhaul plus tires, brake pads and a few cables so that is a big hit to the value

As noted in another thread it looks to be a lower end model so even in ready ride condition it wouldn’t command a very go high price.

depending on your location something like $75 to 100.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-19-20, 08:19 PM
gpcrider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bianchigirll
It looks like it needs a good overhaul plus tires, brake pads and a few cables so that is a big hit to the value

As noted in another thread it looks to be a lower end model so even in ready ride condition it wouldn’t command a very go high price.

depending on your location something like $75 to 100.

Thanks... how can I find that other thread you are talking about?
Old 09-20-20, 09:14 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 191 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2912 Post(s)
Liked 2,836 Times in 1,460 Posts
Originally Posted by gpcrider
Thanks... how can I find that other thread you are talking about?

Here you go, scroll down to post 13.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 09-20-20, 10:33 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 652 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4719 Post(s)
Liked 3,034 Times in 1,874 Posts
The subject bicycle was contract manufactured by Chiorda for the Italian market, The serial number is on the front top of the bulge formed head tube. It appears to have been manufactured in 1985 but could be a 1986 model if production was late in the calendar year. Calibrati 1-20 was hi-tensile steel. The derailleurs are entry level Shimano Z-series. The Universal brakes and Ofmega crankset are also entry level, This would be at or very near the bottom of the adult, lightweight line. It is comparable to the USA market Strada or a Canadian market Bici 1 but I don't the Italian market market designation for this model.

In an average market, pre-Covid-19, in it's current condition, I'd place the value at about $60 US.
Old 09-20-20, 10:48 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2430 Post(s)
Liked 2,891 Times in 1,647 Posts
The bike is a bit of an historical curiosity, in that the fact that it appears to be equipped with sew-ups shows that it was intended for entry-level bike racing, like the somewhat earlier Gitane Interclub bikes. Such bikes were seldom imported into the USA.

Unfortunately, the sew-ups/tubulars probably drive the value of the bike even lower than the prices quoted so far.