Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Tsunoda Sports?

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-19, 06:37 PM
owen robinson
Fuji Enthusiast

Bikes: '86 Fuji Club '80 Fuji Sport 12 '75 Fuji S10-S

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Tsunoda Sports?

My friend just recently found this bike on the Facebook Marketplace for $40 and asked me if it would be a good bike for him.
The listing had no description, just "Vintage Men's Bike" so I had no idea what it was.
I think was able to identify it as a Tsunoda Sports but that is all the information I have.
Seems to be a pretty obscure bike so any info on it would be very helpful; like a catalog or pictures.
Also the frame is the correct size for him, so that's a bonus.

Thank you.

-Owen Robinson

Old 02-26-19, 05:43 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,923 Times in 1,491 Posts
It looks like pretty small frame does it fit?

What does he want it for? It might be an OK around the neighborhood with the kids bike but I’d pass as a commuter or serious rider

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Old 02-26-19, 06:01 AM
T-Mar

Mentioned: 654 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4722 Post(s)
Liked 3,036 Times in 1,874 Posts
Tsunoda was a Japanese manufacturer that is most famous in the USA for being the prime contract manufacturer of the Lotus brand bicycles in the early 1980s. Based on what appear to be stamped dropouts, nutted hubs, stem mounted shift levers and brake safety levers, this is an entry level near or at the bottom of the line. Based on the Schraeder valves, the rims are the older, 27" style and likely steel but I can't positively identify the material from the picture. The frame is almost certainly hi-tensile steel. The handlebar stem is well above its safe limit. Condition of the bar tape suggests it has has had little or no maintenance. The price is in the ballpark if you can perform your pwn overhaul but it may need a lot of work. At least it looks like it has new tyres.
Old 09-15-20, 10:15 PM
Barrynof

Bikes: 1972 Schwinn Continental in burgundy, 1965 Schwinn Varsity Tourist in coppertone, 1967 Schwinn Varsity Tourist (ladies) in coppertone, 1984 Schwinn Tornado, 1987 Lotus Excelle in white

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by owen robinson
My friend just recently found this bike on the Facebook Marketplace for $40 and asked me if it would be a good bike for him.
The listing had no description, just "Vintage Men's Bike" so I had no idea what it was.
I think was able to identify it as a Tsunoda Sports but that is all the information I have.
Seems to be a pretty obscure bike so any info on it would be very helpful; like a catalog or pictures.
Also the frame is the correct size for him, so that's a bonus.

Thank you.

-Owen Robinson

Did your friend buy it? How did it go?