Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

New Old Guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-16, 02:34 PM
giffenf

Bikes: Specialized Aethos Pro, Donnelly G//C, Trek Fuel EX 9.8, Medici Pro Strada, Centurion Super LeMans

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked 1,221 Times in 296 Posts
New Old Guy

Hi, all. I used to hang out on the Bicycling forums, but they became pretty much unusable at some point, so I started looking around and found this one.

I'm an old, fat guy trying not to be the latter anymore. I got into riding a bit more seriously than average about 7 years ago and started commuting to work by bike (a 31-mile round trip) 3-4 days a week and riding several centuries a year. Then got distracted by other pursuits and didn't ride for a couple of years. But I'm back. Luckily, I had two pair of bibs and one jersey that used to be too big for me that now, er, aren't, so I still have something to wear. Not back up to round-trip commuting, but I can do one-way (by carpooling in to work with my wife), and have a couple of centuries coming up that I'll muddle through somehow.

Looking forward to being here.

Carry on.
Old 03-11-16, 02:43 PM
GoodinRollin

Bikes: Giant Escape 2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome! I also have just joined. They seem friendly here. Seems like you already have quite a few Bikes
Old 03-11-16, 03:21 PM
obed7

Bikes: Trek Domane 5.2, Ridley Xfire, Giant Propel, KHS AeroComp

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1648 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
welcome to the forums... plenty of old (and some fat) guys on here. Be sure and check out the over 50 section of the forum and you may also enjoy the clydesdale section too. Have fun.
Old 03-11-16, 03:30 PM
RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Welcome to Bike Forums. How old is "old"? I'm 71 and hang out in the 50+ forum. Stop by and say hello.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.