Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Electra P71 build

Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Electra P71 build

Old 02-13-20, 06:36 PM
Londonsworld 

Bikes: 71 American Eagle Olympiad, 03 Trek 5200 P1, 2013 Trek 6 series Domane, 83 Apollo branded Kuwahara, 78 Trek TX 300, 73 Nishiki Intl. 86 Nishiki Prestige, Nishiki Olympic, 72 and 73 Nishiki Safari', two-speed Electra BMX cruiser 1, 87 Nishiki Linear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 38 Posts
I actually like wider tires. However, the guys/girls I ride with all rock adult BMX 29ers and the roll out is so much faster. Only way I can stick with them is two speed power and a faster rolling tires like these. I refuse to break down and spend big big money on cookie cutter bikes....IDK, maybe I am just cheap
Likes For Londonsworld:
Old 02-15-20, 07:44 PM
Londonsworld 

Bikes: 71 American Eagle Olympiad, 03 Trek 5200 P1, 2013 Trek 6 series Domane, 83 Apollo branded Kuwahara, 78 Trek TX 300, 73 Nishiki Intl. 86 Nishiki Prestige, Nishiki Olympic, 72 and 73 Nishiki Safari', two-speed Electra BMX cruiser 1, 87 Nishiki Linear

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked 65 Times in 38 Posts
Finished ;-)

Super smooth riding bike. My son loves it!

I did not get to use the Izumi chain (116) I didn't take into account this extended (slightly foot forward) area.

Came out great! My son didn't like the BMX style bars ;-( I went back to the original bars.

Quick neighborhood cruise this afternoon. I'll take it out tomorrow to sort out any issues.
Likes For Londonsworld: