Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Does anyone have a canyon Endurace?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-20, 03:59 PM
ozzyski

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts

Hey guys, just bought a new canyon roadie that was marked down to 3999. Carbon frame alloy wheels shimano di2 groupset. Since it’s canyon couldn’t do the initial test ride. Does anyone here have these bikes? How do you like it? For reference I currently ride a hybrid trek dual sport 2.
Old 09-09-20, 05:58 PM
RedBullFiXX

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 33 Posts
Fantastic bike
Your new Canyon will feel like a Hot Rod !
Gratz
Old 09-09-20, 06:18 PM
BoraxKid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 72 Posts
I have the Endurace with carbon frame, 105 components, and disc brakes. I got it about 5 weeks ago, and it feels great. It's definitely the lightest bike I've owned, handles well, and the fit feels great. It took me a couple of rides to dial in my saddle height, but the index marks on the seat post really made it easy to fine-tune.
Old 09-09-20, 07:40 PM
mattscq

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 24 Posts
I have the Ultimate CF SL which is a very similar frame with slightly lower gearing and I have absolutely no complaints. Set up was easy, support is friendly when you need it, and while I don't have too much experience with other road bikes, I do really like my Ultimate and I would definitely consider Canyon again if I were getting another bike.
Old 09-09-20, 07:54 PM
sarhog

Bikes: GR300, Grail, Live Wire, 5010

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 189 Post(s)
Liked 241 Times in 121 Posts
I just bought a Canyon Grail a month ago and am pretty satisfied with the experience.

Old 09-09-20, 08:28 PM
texbiker

Bikes: Cervelo Caledonia Rival AXS eTap, Blue Norcross AL, Lynskey Helix

Quoted: 112 Post(s)
Liked 103 Times in 81 Posts
I bought a Canyon Endurace CF SLX February 2018. As of today I biked 18,706 miles. This is my primary bike. The bike rides great with Continental GatorHardshell 700x28 tires. I air the tires to 90 psi to help the ride. Putting the bike together was easy. I did call support because I thought there were 2 wheel release levers but learned the rear one snapped off to use on the front wheel. This bike has Ultegra 8000 components with Raleigh Assualt carbon wheels. I love the aero handlebars. The object below the handlebars is a GoPro frame.
Old 09-10-20, 01:46 AM
SurferCyclist

Bikes: Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Di2, Cannondale CaaD 8, Diamondback MTB(ancient)

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 22 Posts
Yep I have a Canyon Endurace CF 9.0 Di2. Got it in 2017 and it's been superb, best bang for buck at the time for sure. Only drawback was buying it sight unseen online but it all turned out good.
Old 09-10-20, 06:42 AM
ozzyski

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Well guys thanks for the input, my canyon will be here Tuesday. I think the deciding factor for the purchase was the blue frame (horrible priorities). Looking forward to it!
Likes For ozzyski:
Old 09-10-20, 08:26 AM
FrankTuna

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by ozzyski
Well guys thanks for the input, my canyon will be here Tuesday. I think the deciding factor for the purchase was the blue frame (horrible priorities). Looking forward to it!
I might be a little late to the party but you will love the Endurace. I have a 2019 CF SL 7.0 in Hellfire red and it's an amazing bike...fast, comfortable, responsive. Canyon support has been great too but I've only had to deal with them for questions and ordering a few parts (integrated cockpit and spacers).
Old 09-10-20, 11:12 PM
genejockey 
Klaatu..Verata..Necktie?

Bikes: Litespeed Ultimate, Ultegra; Canyon Endurace, 105; Battaglin MAX, Chorus; Bianchi 928 Veloce; Ritchey Road Logic, Dura Ace; Cannondale R500 RX100; Schwinn Circuit, Sante; Lotus Supreme, Dura Ace

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 10440 Post(s)
Liked 11,914 Times in 6,101 Posts
Good choice! I got a CF SL 7.0 two months ago, and I love it! I keep scoring Strava PRs on roads I've been riding for years.

"Everybody's gotta be somewhere." - Eccles
Old 09-11-20, 04:55 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,825 Times in 878 Posts
Originally Posted by sarhog
I just bought a Canyon Grail a month ago and am pretty satisfied with the experience.

That's a pretty unique stem set up. I'd like to see how that works.
Old 09-11-20, 05:35 AM
jt777

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Unbelievable bike. Got the AXS version. Loved it and the company. It was my first bike from them. I ended up returning the bike at 3 weeks (no questions asked and refund in my account within a week) as I'm sticking with a gravel set-up as one bike. My next bikes will be from Canyon.
Old 09-11-20, 08:07 AM
AdkMtnMonster
Airplanes, bikes, beer.

Bikes: Road bikes, mountain bikes, a cx bike, a gravel bike…

Quoted: 398 Post(s)
Liked 788 Times in 339 Posts
I bought an Endurace CF SL 8.0 Disc with Ultegra (mechanical) and love it. Almost 4500 miles on it so far. Zero complaints. Great fit.
Old 09-11-20, 05:53 PM
BoraxKid

Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 109 Times in 72 Posts
Originally Posted by nomadmax
That's a pretty unique stem set up. I'd like to see how that works.
That's their Hoverbar system: https://www.velonews.com/gear/road-g...ual-hover-bar/

It's designed to add some suspension into the cockpit to make the ride more comfortable. It's become a signature feature on their gravel bikes, but I don't think I could buy into proprietary parts like that. That said, I would definitely be interested in a test ride.
Old 09-11-20, 06:27 PM
Bah Humbug
serious cyclist

Bikes: S1, R2, P2

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9334 Post(s)
Liked 3,679 Times in 2,026 Posts
Excellent priority. I'd never buy a bike I didn't like the looks of.
Old 09-12-20, 03:13 AM
nomadmax 

Mentioned: 93 Post(s)
Quoted: 1104 Post(s)
Liked 1,825 Times in 878 Posts
Originally Posted by BoraxKid
That's their Hoverbar system: https://www.velonews.com/gear/road-g...ual-hover-bar/

It's designed to add some suspension into the cockpit to make the ride more comfortable. It's become a signature feature on their gravel bikes, but I don't think I could buy into proprietary parts like that. That said, I would definitely be interested in a test ride.
Thank you for that. Wow, it certainly looks cool but I only recently got a bike with a threadless fork and stem. That set up is a bridge too far for me.