Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+)
Reload this Page >

Is there an angry/dangerous driver in your area? Data base

Search
Notices
Fifty Plus (50+) Share the victories, challenges, successes and special concerns of bicyclists 50 and older. Especially useful for those entering or reentering bicycling.

Is there an angry/dangerous driver in your area? Data base

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-15, 05:50 PM
trackhub

Bikes: Bridgestone RB-1. Nicely restored

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Shimagnolo
This one from 2015-09-27 has been cited for violating CO code 42-4-1008.5 - "Crowding or threatening bicyclist":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oF8tJC7LBnM
Believe it or not, it was a woman in her 50's. She said she keeps the mirror folded in to make it easier to get in/out of her garage.
In MA, we recently had a Drunken road rage incident in which someone was killed. The perpetrator in this incident is 67 years old.
Link to story
Oh yes, he was drunk, at 11 in the morning, and has a well established record of driving offenses. He left the scene, and is now facing
very serious criminal charges.

The last two times I was road raged,

While driving: Women in a white toyota camry, looked to be in her 50s. Did not like it because I stopped for a yellow light, that was seconds
from turning red, at an intersection with high pedestrian activity. Watching in my rear view, she gave me the classic snarl, with hands tossed in
the air.

While riding: Woman in a tan colored minivan, make not determined. Laying on the horn, mouths the word "Get off the road!" as she passes.
There was plenty of passing room, with no on-coming traffic. Age, mid 40s to 50s.

So much for the classic road rager being a white male in his 20s to 30s.
Old 11-24-15, 08:27 AM
Outnumbered

Bikes: Cyclocross Generic Steel Frame 105 Shimano Group Set, Minn Framed Fat Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by DBrown9383
I ride about 5mi. a day now in our neighborhood and there's one lady that drives a minivan at twice the speed limit every time she leaves her house or arrives. This is a small neighborhood and there's a house with 3 small children that she passes on her so important errands that she must drive 50mph. Not sure what to do about it except get on the grass when I see her coming. I'm not going to call the cops but she WILL hit someone. Forgot to mention, I get a dirty look from her every time as if she owns the road and bicycles should be banned.
Used to happen in my neighborhood with this one person. One day i was in driveway alone picking up basketball from neighbors kid, saw her flying down road timely rolled ball out in front of her car, she slammed on brakes (no kids were around at time just me) tapping the ball. I proceeded to explain to her what if it was a kid. She actually drives slow at least down our street now.