Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Questions about Sram etap axs

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-20, 09:36 PM
minseong69

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hello.
I am preparing to assemble a bicycle. There was one problem.
The answer to the problem cannot be found in Korean communities or suppliers, so I write it here.
The Chainstay of my frame is 385mm. And the drivetrain I will use is the Sram force eTap AXS disc (48/35, 10/28). Will my driveline work normally without problems?

I used a translator.
Please understand if the sentence is incorrect.
Old 03-27-20, 06:19 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by minseong69
Hello.
I am preparing to assemble a bicycle. There was one problem.
The answer to the problem cannot be found in Korean communities or suppliers, so I write it here.
The Chainstay of my frame is 385mm. And the drivetrain I will use is the Sram force eTap AXS disc (48/35, 10/28). Will my driveline work normally without problems?

I used a translator.
Please understand if the sentence is incorrect.
Did a quick search on google and it seems like it's too short (minimum recommended lenght is somewhere around 405-420mm). Not sure how it would actually work if installed on your bike.

What kind of frame to you have? 385mm is short for a road bike.
Old 03-27-20, 10:40 AM
minseong69

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by eduskator
Did a quick search on google and it seems like it's too short (minimum recommended lenght is somewhere around 405-420mm). Not sure how it would actually work if installed on your bike.

What kind of frame to you have? 385mm is short for a road bike.
Thank you for answer.
First, my frame is handmade. Production is in progress, but the chainstay length is pending. I want to design the bb shell and rear tire as close as possible.

In addition, I saw on Google that sram etap axs were attached to bikes such as brompton or birdy with a short chainstay length.
Old 03-28-20, 10:12 AM
eduskator

Bikes: SL8 Pro, TCR beater

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 989 Post(s)
Liked 586 Times in 440 Posts
Originally Posted by minseong69
Thank you for answer.
First, my frame is handmade. Production is in progress, but the chainstay length is pending. I want to design the bb shell and rear tire as close as possible.

In addition, I saw on Google that sram etap axs were attached to bikes such as brompton or birdy with a short chainstay length.
If you are custom building, I'd recommend to go with the minimal recommended chainstay length to avoid any drive train issue that could occur.