Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Better dropbars

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-23, 02:11 PM
mcours2006

Bikes: ...a few.

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2012 Post(s)
Liked 409 Times in 235 Posts
Not sure who makes the best bars, but I do like bars with a bit of heft on the top, preferably with a flat section for me to rest my forearms when riding solo. Also, I like a short reach and shallow drop.
Likes For mcours2006:
Old 03-03-23, 02:09 PM
jaxgtr

Bikes: Trek Domane SLR 7 AXS, Trek CheckPoint SL7 AXS, Trek Emonda ALR AXS, Trek FX 5 Sport

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 768 Post(s)
Liked 1,744 Times in 1,015 Posts
Anyone try the Ritchey Streem bars either carbon or alloy? I am interested in flat top bars for some additional comfort on my hands, and these look enticing. Been a while since I looked at Ritchey bars, had some older alloy bars many moons ago, did not like them, as the size were too large, but might give these a shot if the OD of the drops are not as large as they used to be.

Old 03-05-23, 05:14 PM
RiceAWay

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 325 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 81 Posts
Originally Posted by venturi95
Maybe you have already found the best - for you. Just like saddles, my favorite bar may feel un-natural for you.
I agree with you, I actually like the old Cinelli round bend bars without the "ergonomic" bends in them