Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Enve Seatpost Clamps

Old 12-09-19, 06:34 PM
Planemaker

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 5 Posts
Enve Seatpost Clamps

I'm looking to put a Titanium seatpost on my Titanium Gravel bike. It looks like most of the offerings are the old Enve single bolt clamp and the new Enve two bolt clamp. I've read reviews from people who have had the saddle slip with either of these designs.

Do any of you have any experience with these clamps? Or, maybe another titanium seatpost to look at?

FYI - I'm looking at the Moots Seatpost but, it's a bit pricey. I've also looked at the Salsa Regulator post but, at 410mm it's too long and a bit on the heavy side.
Old 12-10-19, 09:28 AM
shoota 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1872 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 468 Posts
Originally Posted by Planemaker
. I've also looked at the Salsa Regulator post but, at 410mm it's too long and a bit on the heavy side.
Cut it.
Old 12-12-19, 06:20 AM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Get a two-bolt clamp post. Yes, the 1-bolts look slick. But they can slip--also they are a PITA to adjust/set-up with any degree of fine-tuning. You loosen the bolt enought to adjust--and then to move with fore/back or tilt you lose your original setup to compare to. IMHO. BTW...I've had luck with El Cheapo titanium posts on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073RCHYMZ/

Which...if they're making money selling decent product at that price, everyone else is...well...

One way or another you'll may need to chop the post down. Fact of live. Either have a metal shop--or know someone who does. You don't want to use cheap Dremel cutting wheels to cut Gr9 Ti.
Likes For Marcus_Ti:
Old 12-12-19, 09:39 PM
Chi_Z

Bikes: Niner RLT 9 RDO

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked 69 Times in 50 Posts
2 bolt front and back is the way to go, all the single bolt clamp seatpost I have used suffers from saddle slipping, usually happens to me from a big bump or when I failed to clip in