Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1988 Schwinn Circuit

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

1988 Schwinn Circuit

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-22, 11:52 PM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
1988 Schwinn Circuit

Been itching all holiday season to buy a bike for no reason. I just don't get Facebook Marketplace's listing/search logic. How did I miss this bike? Says it was listed for 2 weeks. Sante rear der is a 600 now. Great cond though. Really an interesting bike!
But let's talk about searching on Facebook. I instinctively think I'll do a wide search and just scroll for a while. But when I do a pointed 5-10mi. radius search from a small municipality, results show up that seem to have been omitted from the larger net. Your thoughts? I usually just use the keyword "bike". I think the search engine makes that synonymous with bicycle.

Likes For AngryFrankie:
Old 01-02-22, 01:42 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Quoted: 2364 Post(s)
Liked 1,750 Times in 1,192 Posts
Wow, it's been raining '88 Circuits lately. https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...-part-2-a.html - Dude managed to get his brake hoods "The Man from Glad" white, making the rest of us look bad.

For the sake of all that is good and sane and right with the world, PLEASE re-position that handlebar. Between that and the saddle, it looks like it puts the rider in some sort of Flying Wallenda contortion.

Can't comment on BookFace searching; never been there.
Likes For madpogue:
Old 01-02-22, 05:37 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 192 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2930 Post(s)
Liked 2,928 Times in 1,493 Posts
Nice find! I'd love to have a Sante' kit again.

I hate FB marketplace, it's chock a block with online retailers and local shops (even Wish and Amazon!) rather just people selling stuff from the basement. Facebook has no logic, no reason no sense of irony or humor. I got fact checked for sharing a meme comparing Bob Cratchett's wages to modern minimum wage. He is a fictional character! They also couldn't just laugh about this but fact checked that Manson has no wrinkles? WHAT? Just laugh already!

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk
Likes For Bianchigirll:
Old 01-02-22, 06:23 AM
RustyJames 

Bikes: You had me at rusty and Italian!!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 1,052 Times in 545 Posts
Woohoo!! Another Circuit owner! Mine’s an ‘87 so I have Suntour Sprint and it is a fabulous bike to ride. (I’ve joined the crowd that thinks Schwinns from this era are under rated).

I too bought mine from Marketplace and between it being buried in amongst the annoying ads and the ad being very poorly worded allowed me to get it for a pittance.

There is quite a lot of chatter about the frustration of scanning ads on Marketplace but it adds to the thrill of the hunt for me.
Likes For RustyJames:
Old 01-02-22, 06:45 AM
ehcoplex 

Bikes: '38 Schwinn New World, ’69 Peugeot PX-10, '72 Peugeot PX-10, ‘7? Valgan, '78 Raleigh Comp GS, ’79 Holdsworth Pro, ’80 Peugeot TH-8 tandem, '87 Trek 400T, ‘7? Raleigh Sports, ‘7? Raleigh Superbe, ‘6? Hercules

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 761 Post(s)
Liked 1,563 Times in 757 Posts
I hate FB's marketplace algorithm (and really hate the fact that it has all but replaced Craigslist for classifieds, at least where I am located)- things show up in a search one minute, then can't be found, then show up again weeks later. Sometimes when sorted by 'nearest first' or 'newest first' there'll only be 3-4 listings, then later pages of stuff. And then there's the endless 'ships to you' garbage.... FB is ruining the world.
(they've probably got bots scanning the web for criticism and now I'll probably have all kinds of weird stuff happen on my FB page ....)
Likes For ehcoplex:
Old 01-02-22, 08:24 AM
Kdogbikes

Bikes: Gitane tdf,Schwinn 12.2,2 continentals,miyata310,univega supra soort,couple peugeots,ou8,ou10,a few mtb's and other bikes

Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked 148 Times in 74 Posts
Originally Posted by AngryFrankie
Been itching all holiday season to buy a bike for no reason. I just don't get Facebook Marketplace's listing/search logic. How did I miss this bike? Says it was listed for 2 weeks. Sante rear der is a 600 now. Great cond though. Really an interesting bike!
But let's talk about searching on Facebook. I instinctively think I'll do a wide search and just scroll for a while. But when I do a pointed 5-10mi. radius search from a small municipality, results show up that seem to have been omitted from the larger net. Your thoughts? I usually just use the keyword "bike". I think the search engine makes that synonymous with bicycle.

great score on the circuit. What goodies in the seat bag? Market place weird for searches. Searched 3 months for a mustang and one night an add popped up that was over a year old about a car that was what I was looking for. Was still available and a deal was made. Found some cool bikes along the way by useing different words in the search box.
Old 01-02-22, 08:41 AM
mobilemail

Bikes: You mean this week?

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 29 Times in 20 Posts
Nice find. I wouldn't mind tripping across one! If I remember correctly, Circuit was second in the production line, following Peloton?
Old 01-02-22, 09:07 AM
RustyJames 

Bikes: You had me at rusty and Italian!!

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 566 Post(s)
Liked 1,052 Times in 545 Posts
Originally Posted by mobilemail
Nice find. I wouldn't mind tripping across one! If I remember correctly, Circuit was second in the production line, following Peloton?
I don’t see Peloton in the ‘88 catalog but Circuit is 3rd behind Paramount.
Old 01-02-22, 09:15 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Quoted: 2325 Post(s)
Liked 4,993 Times in 1,778 Posts
Good find and that's going to be a great ride! I had an 87 Circuit (well 2) for years that I got as a frameset. Rebuilt it with 11 speed Campagnolo Athena and Zonda wheels. Turned out to be my fastest sprinting bike and an all around great bike. Let it go a year or so ago to the mechanic that actually built it up for me as he had been wanting it since the day he completed it.

I'll agree that these were banner years for Schwinn as they were putting out some top quality rides.

Old 01-02-22, 12:44 PM
AngryFrankie

Bikes: Trek 400 Elance, Losa Winner, 1994 Schwinn Paramount, Specialized Tarmac Pro, Miele SLX, Ibis Ripley, Colnago Oval CX, 84 Masi GC, 1986 Schwinn Voyageur, 1988 Schwinn Tempo, 1998 Schwinn Peloton, 1991 Paramount Ser3

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked 90 Times in 55 Posts
Originally Posted by Kdogbikes
great score on the circuit. What goodies in the seat bag? Market place weird for searches. Searched 3 months for a mustang and one night an add popped up that was over a year old about a car that was what I was looking for. Was still available and a deal was made. Found some cool bikes along the way by useing different words in the search box.

The RhodeGear multi tool is actually pretty cool. It has 6 different socketed attachments.
Old 01-02-22, 01:27 PM
BikingViking793 

Bikes: 2015 Felt Z75 Disc, 2008 Fuji Cross Comp, 2010 Trek Navigator 1.0, 1974 Raleigh Sports, 1974 Schwinn Le Tour, 1981 Schwinn Super Le Tour, Surly Cross Check, 2021 Giant Talon 2

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 60 Posts
Nice bike! One of my favorites.