Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Professional Cycling For the Fans
Reload this Page >

2024 is Going to Be Fun!!!

Search
Notices
Professional Cycling For the Fans Follow the Tour de France,the Giro de Italia, the Spring Classics, or other professional cycling races? Here's your home...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-24, 08:06 AM
Turnin_Wrenches

Bikes: Basso Diamante SV (2021), Trek Speed Concept SLR7 (2023), Time Alpe D'Huez (2023), Trek Madone SLR7 (2024)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 48 Posts

I have really high hopes for the 2024 racing season and am super excited! The Primož Roglič transfer to Bora is a big reason why. Not so much because I'm a Primož fan (which I am), but because we'll get to see all the heavy hitters on separate teams racing against each other. No more of this co-leader "bs" over at Visma. It should be quite the treat to see Primož, Tadej, Jonas, and Remco trying to tear each other's legs off in the TdF. I'll be rooting for Tadej to pull off the double-win at the Giro / TdF, and I'd really like to see Sepp have the opportunity to defend his Vuelta title. This year's monuments, one-day classics, and the road world championship should be epic. Plus, we get the Olympics... woohoo!

What's everyone looking most forward to? Who are you rooting for? Any bold (or not so bold) predictions?
Old 01-10-24, 09:00 AM
slcbob
bored of "Senior Member"

Bikes: Cross-Check/Nexus commuter. Several others for various forms of play.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 642 Post(s)
Liked 593 Times in 453 Posts
Curious to see if MVDP has anything left on the cobbled Monuments after his utter domination of CX, or if WVA's focus on that period puts him ahead.

I think the Tadej two-fer will be an interesting story but in France I expect a Vinegaard three-peat facilitated by Remco and the Giro champ having their jour sans(s) and an untimely dismount or three from Roglic.

I'm most looking forward to figuring out a decent way to back-fill GCN+. RIP.
Likes For slcbob:
Old 01-10-24, 01:34 PM
Turnin_Wrenches

Bikes: Basso Diamante SV (2021), Trek Speed Concept SLR7 (2023), Time Alpe D'Huez (2023), Trek Madone SLR7 (2024)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 83 Times in 48 Posts
Originally Posted by slcbob
Curious to see if MVDP has anything left on the cobbled Monuments after his utter domination of CX, or if WVA's focus on that period puts him ahead.

I think the Tadej two-fer will be an interesting story but in France I expect a Vinegaard three-peat facilitated by Remco and the Giro champ having their jour sans(s) and an untimely dismount or three from Roglic.

I'm most looking forward to figuring out a decent way to back-fill GCN+. RIP.
Yeah, GCN+ had a very robust race schedule. Like you, I'm still trying to figure out a solution to fill that gap.
Old 01-11-24, 12:51 AM
diphthong
velo-dilettante

Bikes: 85 pinarello treviso steel, 88 nishiki olympic steel. 95 look kg 131 carbon, 11 trek madone 5.2 carbon

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1628 Post(s)
Liked 3,114 Times in 1,683 Posts
personally, looking forward to riders not targeting the tdf but other races such as wout doing the giro. with any luck, he'll hit the vuelta as well but methinks we got those damned olympics in the mix this year. one can hope.