Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Wrapping up a Paletti Track & a new Raleigh Team USA Pro Track

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 04-13-21, 10:31 AM
J-Shooter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 11 Posts

Hey guys, I wanted to share some pics of my Paletti Pista that is nearing completion. I have a set of Campy Record pedals that need rebuilding, I am waiting on a binder bolt, and I need to pick out a suiting chain. I might just go a standard KMC for a while. It was a fun refurb project, I was very pleasantly surprised at how much the paint, hubs and rims cleaned up. I spent a pretty silly amount of time polishing with q tips and little bits of rags, but I think it was definitely worthwhile. There are some cool details like a radially laced non-drive side rear, a strange BB size, a decent amount of lug work and some old-school drillium on the cranks.

Before finishing the Paletti, I scooped up this Raleigh yesterday for a pretty fantastic price. It is in somewhat rough shape, but I think all rust is mostly surface. Miche wheels, Campy & Cinelli everywhere else. I have had some pretty unbelievable results using an Evaporust tank that I built, I can fully submerge most frames. I have done a Jamis and Bianchi, but the decals were under the finish. Does anyone have experience with Evaporust and partially peeling decals? What would you guys do with the Raleigh? Remove the rust in an evaporust submersion or leave some patina?

Likes For J-Shooter:
Old 04-13-21, 10:34 AM
J-Shooter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 11 Posts

Likes For J-Shooter:
Old 04-13-21, 10:52 AM
Dylansbob 
2k miles from the midwest

Bikes: ~'75 Colin Laing, '80s Schwinn SuperSport 650b, ex-Backroads ti project...

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked 931 Times in 446 Posts
That Raleigh is going me all kinds of "Quicksilver" vibes.

Makes me want to go play in traffic...

The Paletti is so incredibly tight. From the clearances to the wheelbase, that's got to be incredible to ride in the right setting.
Old 04-13-21, 11:43 AM
jamesdak 

Bikes: Paletti,Pinarello Monviso,Duell Vienna,Giordana XL Super,Lemond Maillot Juane.& custom,PDG Paramount,Fuji Opus III,Davidson Impulse,Pashley Guv'nor,Evans,Fishlips,Y-Foil,Softride, Tetra Pro, CAAD8 Optimo,

Mentioned: 154 Post(s)
Quoted: 2300 Post(s)
Liked 4,764 Times in 1,725 Posts
Sweet, so nice to see more Paletti content on here. Love the bike and how tight everything is on it, must be a rocket.

So cool seeing another one so unlike mine yet still so freaking awesome!.

That Raleigh should make for another great project!
Old 04-14-21, 06:25 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1359 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,178 Posts
I have not seen a Paletti Track Bike and your was worth the wait...Raleigh is no slouch either....both beauties! BTW the hubs on the Raleigh....nice
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors