Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

CatEye America - Enduro ED400

Old 07-16-19, 04:39 PM
Son_Rising

Bikes: Trek 1400, GT Zaskar USA, Specialized Sirrus, Origin8 Scout, Cannondale Road Tandem 2, Vitus Futural, Specialized Crossroads, Raleigh Tristar 3-speed, Sunny SF-B1423C

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
CatEye America - Enduro ED400

This evening I spent a bunch of time on a cycling computer issue.

I have two CatEye Enduro ED400 computers. One is nearing two years old. The other is a few days shy of a year old. Both are supposedly still under warranty.

I like the displays, and the functionality over all was good until a few weeks ago when one started to stop sensing intermittently. It looks like the cable is the issue. Things happen, but the cable shows no wear. The tandem bike it was installed on is babied. We feel the cable is defective.

We chose the Enduro model because of the seemingly tougher, thicker cable. CatEye does not warranty their cables though, only the computers they told us. They offered to sell us a cable...but with shipping it's 66% of the cost of the entire unit shipped to begin with. Instead we ordered a cable from Amazon. Other sellers offered the cable/sensor kit at less cost than CatEye America too. That's not very good service.

I had a Trek computer on another bike and that system lasted decades. My wife's Vitus has a Trek cyclometer on it still going strong after over 2 decades.

Hopefully the new cable we've ordered for the CatEye is better than the previous one and lasts many years. We'll see.