Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Help Identifying Felt AR Year

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Old 07-22-19, 04:49 PM
chstan

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I was recently given a used Felt AR racing bike (yay!). As someone brand new to the biking world, I would really appreciate if anyone had any insight into the year (having trouble matching to the Felt archives) and any other tech specs of this bike because I'm not super sure what I have here. Please send me a pm if you think you might be able to help because I don't have forum permission to post a link or picture of the bike in this post. Thanks so much in advance!
Old 07-22-19, 09:04 PM
MSchott

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix Sport SL4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts
The first questions are what size is the frame and what size frame do you need. If they don’t match then you have an issue.

I can post post the picture if you can email it to me. I’ll PM you my email address.
Old 07-22-19, 09:24 PM
MinnMan

Bikes: 2022 Salsa Beargrease Carbon Deore 11, 2020 Salsa Warbird GRX 600, 2020 Canyon Ultimate CF SLX disc 9.0 Di2, 2020 Catrike Eola, 2016 Masi cxgr, 2011, Felt F3 Ltd, 2010 Trek 2.1, 2009 KHS Flite 220

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 4361 Post(s)
Liked 2,999 Times in 1,853 Posts
The AR is an "aeroroad" bike - really a time trial bike. Not exactly the ideal rig for a beginner.

Look for the serial number - probably on a label on the underside of the down tube.
Old 07-22-19, 10:11 PM
chstan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion! I think you are probably correct in that, I was thinking of selling/trading it for a less aggressive road bike.
Old 07-23-19, 01:00 AM
bahula03

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 34 Posts
Felt's FAQs say,

"CAN YOU HELP ME IDENTIFY THE MAKE AND MODEL OF MY FELT BIKE? I HAVE THE SERIAL NUMBER.

Your bike’s serial number may not necessarily point to its exact model or model year. But send us a photo of your bike and we’re happy to help identify it."

Finding a way to post a photo is going to be the easiest thing, or just ask Felt. The biggest delineation is where the rear brake is; if it's on the seat stays it's a 2013 model or earlier, and if it's on the underside of the frame near the bottom bracket/cranks, it's 2014 or later (don't think they've meaningfully updated the frame since).
Old 07-23-19, 06:46 AM
chstan

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MSchott
The first questions are what size is the frame and what size frame do you need. If they don’t match then you have an issue.

I can post post the picture if you can email it to me. I’ll PM you my email address.
It is a 54 cm frame which I believe would fit me. Thanks so much for offering to do this, turns out that I still need to have 10 posts just to read a PM so i'll just make 10 posts and put up the picture myself
Old 07-23-19, 11:26 AM
MSchott

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Roubaix Sport SL4

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by chstan
It is a 54 cm frame which I believe would fit me. Thanks so much for offering to do this, turns out that I still need to have 10 posts just to read a PM so i'll just make 10 posts and put up the picture myself
Good plan.