Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Had a great time on Sunday at the monthly Velo-Retro Ride in Pasadena, CA.

Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Had a great time on Sunday at the monthly Velo-Retro Ride in Pasadena, CA.

Old 08-05-19, 09:48 PM
  #176  
Manny66 
Senior Member
 
Manny66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Whittier
Posts: 195

Bikes: 1970's Windsor Professional, Pinarello Gavia TSX,Guerciotti SL,Basso Gap, Vintage Moser SL,Concorde TSX,Concorde TVT, Mondia Super,Vitus 979.Diamant SLX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by malcala622 View Post
Everyone tried to get out of the sun today so it was hard getting single bike shots thos time around. But at least I got a group shot.


I had alot of fun that day,besides a flat, a minor spill (not me) , some delicious pizza ,and the Heat ,it was a Great Day out on the road.
Your Bottechia was pretty cool.

I'll post some video footage soon.
Manny66 is offline  
Likes For Manny66:
Old 08-05-19, 10:02 PM
  #177  
Slightspeed
Senior Member
 
Slightspeed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 1,677

Bikes: 1961 Legnano Gran Premio, 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 538 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 148 Times in 102 Posts
Sorry to have missed it, but with the predicted heat, I wimped out. Looks like a good turnout. Next time !
Slightspeed is offline  
Old 08-06-19, 12:10 AM
  #178  
mech986
Senior Member
 
mech986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: La Habra, California
Posts: 391

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
I debated for the entire day Saturday whether I'd ride. I went and it was about 83 deg. at 11:10 when I got started. The pack had already left and it took me about 25 minutes to catch up with them just as Manny had his flat! Luckily there was a bit of a decent breeze, it wasn't too humid, and the pace was comfortable for me. I made a number of short stops to be sure I drank plenty of electrolyte laced water to stay hydrated. Last year I stubbornly tried to keep pace and not stop and I almost had heat stroke when I finally reached our rest stop, Beantown Cafe. This time I rode comfortably after taking a long draw of water and cooling in the shade for a couple of minutes before the slow climb on Sierra Madre. I felt a lot better getting into Beantown but still felt hot - now the ambient temp was 93 degrees but boy, the sun beating down sure felt even worse.

Refueled at Beantown, then the remainder of the pack left just before I could get going. Never did catch them this time, which was ok, I was riding more to my own pace but averaged 14.5 mph for the whole ride which is pretty good for me. Happy to have survived in good shape this time.
mech986 is offline  
Old 08-06-19, 07:50 AM
  #179  
malcala622
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 2,087

Bikes: Bianchi Trofeo/Limited/Giro.Tommasini Prestige. Bottecchia Cromor. Gios Torino. Torelli Strada?

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 65 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
I debated for the entire day Saturday whether I'd ride. I went and it was about 83 deg. at 11:10 when I got started. The pack had already left and it took me about 25 minutes to catch up with them just as Manny had his flat! Luckily there was a bit of a decent breeze, it wasn't too humid, and the pace was comfortable for me. I made a number of short stops to be sure I drank plenty of electrolyte laced water to stay hydrated. Last year I stubbornly tried to keep pace and not stop and I almost had heat stroke when I finally reached our rest stop, Beantown Cafe. This time I rode comfortably after taking a long draw of water and cooling in the shade for a couple of minutes before the slow climb on Sierra Madre. I felt a lot better getting into Beantown but still felt hot - now the ambient temp was 93 degrees but boy, the sun beating down sure felt even worse.

Refueled at Beantown, then the remainder of the pack left just before I could get going. Never did catch them this time, which was ok, I was riding more to my own pace but averaged 14.5 mph for the whole ride which is pretty good for me. Happy to have survived in good shape this time.
I believe I rode with you on the climb heading into beantown.
malcala622 is online now  
Likes For malcala622:
Old 08-06-19, 12:22 PM
  #180  
Bad Lag
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: So Cal, for now
Posts: 1,082

Bikes: 1975 Bob Jackson - Nuovo Record, Brooks Pro, Clips & Straps

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
The Los Angeles area is just so frikkin BIG and the traffic is the worst in the world.

For my part, I just can't imagine driving 60 miles, twice passing into and across the heart of LA's worst traffic just to do a bike ride. That would be at least two hours in a car,... at least. Then, you're riding on city streets.

I'm sure it's fun. I guess if you are local, it must be nice. For me, it is too far to go for too little reward. Bummer! :-(
Bad Lag is offline  
Old 08-06-19, 12:48 PM
  #181  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,284

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
I would drive a long ways to do this every month, you guys rock.
merziac is online now  
Old 08-06-19, 11:06 PM
  #182  
mech986
Senior Member
 
mech986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: La Habra, California
Posts: 391

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by malcala622 View Post
I believe I rode with you on the climb heading into beantown.
Yes, you did and I appreciated the company and encouragement along the way. Iím not much of a speedster or climber plus the heat was oppressive. Having someone to ride with helps keep the mind focused on more than just feeling overwhelmed with the physical conditions.

BTW are you also a member of the vintage stereo site Audiokarma.org?
mech986 is offline  
Old 08-06-19, 11:46 PM
  #183  
mech986
Senior Member
 
mech986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: La Habra, California
Posts: 391

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Lag View Post
The Los Angeles area is just so frikkin BIG and the traffic is the worst in the world.

For my part, I just can't imagine driving 60 miles, twice passing into and across the heart of LA's worst traffic just to do a bike ride. That would be at least two hours in a car,... at least. Then, you're riding on city streets.

I'm sure it's fun. I guess if you are local, it must be nice. For me, it is too far to go for too little reward. Bummer! :-(
Hey BL, where abouts in SoCal are you? I’m in La Habra only about 28 miles away but accessing the nearest freeway takes 20 minutes by itself. Even with no traffic and a a fast avg. speed, my route of 60 or 605 to 210 to Rose Bowl Aquatic center takes between 48-55 minutes drive.

I don’t know how long you’ve been in SoCal but I’ve lived here most of my life so I’m used to driving long distance or times in routine travels and appointments. My daughter’s medical care is at UCLA (my college alma mater) 36 miles away across the heart of LA and takes 47-60 minutes during late morning or early afternoon with good traffic and carpool lane. Getting home after 4:30 takes 2.5 hours! It is what it is.

I’ve been riding with the Velo-retro group for about 4 years now and really enjoy the people, the many different vintage bikes, and the ride itself on mostly quieter Pasadena streets, even on Sunday midday. I don’t mind the drive because there are few vintage focused rides around with people so knowledgeable about their bikes or vintage bikes in general. And we do have people that drive in from as far as San Diego (128 miles, 2.5 hours) or Ventura (70 mi 1.25 hours) or North San Fernando valley (Sylmar - a measly 23 miles and 25 min.)

The ride itself is more social than huge challenge, being 24 miles, 860 ft of climb at max 4%. But it’s fun and you get to meet other classic steel friends. C’mon out and join us at least once (maybe when it’s not quite this hot!) and hope you’ll enjoy it enough to come out again. I do understand if you don't feel the travel is worth your time, YMMV.

Velo-Retro: Rose Bowl Ride
https://ridewithgps.com/routes/13571304

I'm at 64 y/o now and just glad to be reasonably healthy, able to ride and train, getting a bit better every time, and enjoying being with like minded people who also like bicycles along with their other varied interests. The Velo-Retro ride is, to me, a lot of fun and rewarding enough ride and socially at the same time. I like to think you'd enjoy it too.

If you want more of a ride challenge, there's plenty of riding groups out there although much less groups oriented towards vintage steel.

If you do want a much bigger vintage centered challenge (unless you're a really superior climber), meet us April 4-5, 2020 at 6th annual Eroica California 2020 ride and festival. It's probably a 3.5-4 hour drive up the coast for you but I'll suggest its well worth it IF you're into vintage steel, and a bit of a challenging ride, depending on your choice of suffering, er, enjoyment - 35 miles 1400 ft of climb up and down the Pacific Ocean shoreline, 74 miles with 5700 feet of climb, 81 miles with 6400 ft of climb, or the Heroic Route at 108 miles and 8200 feet of climb.

www.eroicacalifornia.com
https://eroica.cc/en/california/gall...ica-california

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...-roll-call.htm


Last edited by mech986; 08-07-19 at 12:16 AM.
mech986 is offline  
Old 08-07-19, 10:20 AM
  #184  
Bad Lag
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: So Cal, for now
Posts: 1,082

Bikes: 1975 Bob Jackson - Nuovo Record, Brooks Pro, Clips & Straps

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Thank you for the invitation. I am sure the ride and the people are pleasant. The whole "vintage cycling" thing is what I do. It's just normal for me.

I live in the South Bay. I am near the beach, so I have easy access to the bike path for many/most of my rides. Combine the beach bike path with the loop around Palos Verdes and you can have just about any ride length you want.

It is always cool or cooler here than in Pasadena and there is always a breeze coming off the Ocean. Air quality is better, too.

I am just very conflicted by the idea of commuting to a bike ride, despite my attraction to the event's theme.

This may seem all very negative. It is not intended to disparage your ride in any way. For those who are local enough or willing to commute, I bet it is a LOT of fun.
Bad Lag is offline  
Old 08-07-19, 02:47 PM
  #185  
malcala622
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 2,087

Bikes: Bianchi Trofeo/Limited/Giro.Tommasini Prestige. Bottecchia Cromor. Gios Torino. Torelli Strada?

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 65 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
Yes, you did and I appreciated the company and encouragement along the way. Iím not much of a speedster or climber plus the heat was oppressive. Having someone to ride with helps keep the mind focused on more than just feeling overwhelmed with the physical conditions.

BTW are you also a member of the vintage stereo site Audiokarma.org?
Anytime Mech ill climb alongside you.

Ive never heard of AudioKarma, do I have a twin there?
malcala622 is online now  
Old 08-07-19, 08:39 PM
  #186  
Manny66 
Senior Member
 
Manny66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Whittier
Posts: 195

Bikes: 1970's Windsor Professional, Pinarello Gavia TSX,Guerciotti SL,Basso Gap, Vintage Moser SL,Concorde TSX,Concorde TVT, Mondia Super,Vitus 979.Diamant SLX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Originally Posted by Bad Lag View Post
Thank you for the invitation. I am sure the ride and the people are pleasant. The whole "vintage cycling" thing is what I do. It's just normal for me.

I live in the South Bay. I am near the beach, so I have easy access to the bike path for many/most of my rides. Combine the beach bike path with the loop around Palos Verdes and you can have just about any ride length you want.

It is always cool or cooler here than in Pasadena and there is always a breeze coming off the Ocean. Air quality is better, too.

I am just very conflicted by the idea of commuting to a bike ride, despite my attraction to the event's theme.

This may seem all very negative. It is not intended to disparage your ride in any way. For those who are local enough or willing to commute, I bet it is a LOT of fun.
Use Google maps to give you an estimate of your driving time for your Departure and Return time. It might not be as bad as you think. The Pasadena Freeway to the 110 shouldnt be too bad at that day and time.
Manny66 is offline  
Old 08-11-19, 10:02 PM
  #187  
JoeBass
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JoeBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Bad Lag View Post
The Los Angeles area is just so frikkin BIG and the traffic is the worst in the world.

For my part, I just can't imagine driving 60 miles, twice passing into and across the heart of LA's worst traffic just to do a bike ride. That would be at least two hours in a car,... at least. Then, you're riding on city streets.

I'm sure it's fun. I guess if you are local, it must be nice. For me, it is too far to go for too little reward. Bummer! :-(
Come on, man. Whereís your sense of commitment? Iím the guy that started this thread and I drove down from Sacramento to ride with these fine folks.
JoeBass is offline  
Old 08-12-19, 08:54 PM
  #188  
Manny66 
Senior Member
 
Manny66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Whittier
Posts: 195

Bikes: 1970's Windsor Professional, Pinarello Gavia TSX,Guerciotti SL,Basso Gap, Vintage Moser SL,Concorde TSX,Concorde TVT, Mondia Super,Vitus 979.Diamant SLX

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 17 Posts
Heres a Video of the latest ride August 4,2019.

(still working on my video editing skills,next up Text on video,,,I hope)

Manny66 is offline  
Old 08-12-19, 09:51 PM
  #189  
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic
 
Jeff Wills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: other Vancouver
Posts: 9,026
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeBass View Post
Come on, man. Whereís your sense of commitment? Iím the guy that started this thread and I drove down from Sacramento to ride with these fine folks.
I seriously need to ship a bike down and ride with y'all. I grew up there (well, South Pasadena), but now I live next to Portland, Oregon. One of these days...
__________________
Jeff Wills

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Jeff Wills is offline  
Old 08-12-19, 09:57 PM
  #190  
JoeBass
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JoeBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Thanks for posting the video, Manny! Next best thing to being there.
JoeBass is offline  
Likes For JoeBass:
Old 08-12-19, 09:59 PM
  #191  
JoeBass
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
JoeBass's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 150
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills View Post
I seriously need to ship a bike down and ride with y'all. I grew up there (well, South Pasadena), but now I live next to Portland, Oregon. One of these days...
Now that would be a crazy drive.
JoeBass is offline  
Old 08-15-19, 05:27 PM
  #192  
malcala622
Senior Member
 
malcala622's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Pico Rivera, CA
Posts: 2,087

Bikes: Bianchi Trofeo/Limited/Giro.Tommasini Prestige. Bottecchia Cromor. Gios Torino. Torelli Strada?

Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Likes: 0
Liked 65 Times in 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills View Post
I seriously need to ship a bike down and ride with y'all. I grew up there (well, South Pasadena), but now I live next to Portland, Oregon. One of these days...

If you ride a 55/56cm bike you can always use one of mine

Cool vid @Manny66.
malcala622 is online now  
Old 08-15-19, 09:30 PM
  #193  
mech986
Senior Member
 
mech986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: La Habra, California
Posts: 391

Bikes: Italvega Super Speciales and Superlights

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 182 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills View Post
I seriously need to ship a bike down and ride with y'all. I grew up there (well, South Pasadena), but now I live next to Portland, Oregon. One of these days...
Hey Jeff, thereís quite a contingent of Portland PDX based vintage steel riders there, many who rode at Eroica 2019. My BIL Ben Ngan, John Siemsen @gugie @Andy_K @merziac @SquireBlack come to mind as well as a number from Washington as well. I suspect you guys could put together a regular monthly or quarterly vintage ride of your own!

Would love to have you down here (on not quite as hot a day!) to join us though, let us know if you ever make it down.

Bart
mech986 is offline  
Old 08-15-19, 09:37 PM
  #194  
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic
 
Jeff Wills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: other Vancouver
Posts: 9,026
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
Hey Jeff, thereís quite a contingent of Portland PDX based vintage steel riders there, many who rode at Eroica 2019. My BIL Ben Ngan, John Siemsen @gugie @Andy_K @merziac @SquireBlack come to mind as well as a number from Washington as well. I suspect you guys could put together a regular monthly or quarterly vintage ride of your own!

Would love to have you down here (on not quite as hot a day!) to join us though, let us know if you ever make it down.

Bart
I've ridden with them all and noshed at Atelier Gugie. I miss the rides from the dear, departed Velo Cult.

Malcala: I appreciate the offer but I'm 6-foot-4 of Big Ugly. I can squeeze onto a 60cm frame but that's a little cramped for me.
__________________
Jeff Wills

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Jeff Wills is offline  
Old 08-15-19, 09:41 PM
  #195  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,284

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by mech986 View Post
Hey Jeff, thereís quite a contingent of Portland PDX based vintage steel riders there, many who rode at Eroica 2019. My BIL Ben Ngan, John Siemsen @gugie @Andy_K @merziac @SquireBlack come to mind as well as a number from Washington as well. I suspect you guys could put together a regular monthly or quarterly vintage ride of your own!

Would love to have you down here (on not quite as hot a day!) to join us though, let us know if you ever make it down.

Bart
Yep, you would think we could get a C+V ride going, easier said than done, no luck yet. I wish I had been at Leroica 2019, only 2017 for me so far. I saw Jeff at the Wyeth to Lindsey creek dedication a couple of weeks ago but we didn't ride together as he was hangin with his recumbant peeps.
merziac is online now  
Old 08-15-19, 09:42 PM
  #196  
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic
 
Jeff Wills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: other Vancouver
Posts: 9,026
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac View Post
Yep, you would think we could get a C+V ride going, easier said than done, no luck yet. I wish I had been at Leroica 2019, only 2017 for me so far. I saw Jeff at the Wyeth to Lindsey creek dedication a couple of weeks ago but we didn't ride together as he was hangin with his recumbant peeps.
Keep Portland Weird: it's not just a bumper sticker!
__________________
Jeff Wills

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Jeff Wills is offline  
Old 08-15-19, 09:48 PM
  #197  
Andy_K 
Senior Member
 
Andy_K's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Beaverton, OR
Posts: 12,135

Bikes: Yes

Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1780 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Jeff Wills View Post
I've ridden with them all and noshed at Atelier Gugie. I miss the rides from the dear, departed Velo Cult.
Don't we all! Ah, Velo Cult! We hardly knew ye!
__________________
My Bikes
Andy_K is offline  
Old 08-15-19, 09:54 PM
  #198  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,284

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
Originally Posted by Andy_K View Post
Don't we all! Ah, Velo Cult! We hardly knew ye!
Time for the Velo ride PDX, monthly during the summer maybe?
merziac is online now  
Old 08-15-19, 09:59 PM
  #199  
Jeff Wills
Insane Bicycle Mechanic
 
Jeff Wills's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: other Vancouver
Posts: 9,026
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 30 Posts
Originally Posted by merziac View Post
Time for the Velo ride PDX, monthly during the summer maybe?
Yes! As long as someone else organizes it. I've led rides for the recumbent gang (aka the Lawn Chair Nation) for years but I'm pretty burnt out.

I have a couple bike projects going right now- one vintage Schwinn Super Sport, one recumbent to replace my broken Gold Rush.

(Apologies to everyone for the thread-jacking. I get excited, that's all.)
__________________
Jeff Wills

Comcast nuked my web page. It will return soon..
Jeff Wills is offline  
Old 08-15-19, 10:17 PM
  #200  
merziac
Senior Member
 
merziac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: PDX
Posts: 4,284

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton, Bornstein, Paisley, Paramounts, 3rensho, Moto TC, Raleigh Pro's, Marinoni, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC and more

Mentioned: 104 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1200 Post(s)
Liked 117 Times in 92 Posts
And therein lies the rub, we're a fickle lot in my estimation, @jyl was our champion for the VC run. @gugie is the tourmaster so another would need to take up the torch. Not likely to be me as I can hardly keep up with myself on rides, let alone organize one so.......
merziac is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.