Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals.
Reload this Page >

Puch Luzern Pricing (Commuting/Touring?)

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Bicycles: Whats it Worth? Appraisals. Use this subforum for all requests as to "How much is this vintage bike worth?"Do NOT try to sell it in here, use the Marketplaces.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-19, 11:19 AM
emeshelman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Apologies if this is the wrong location for this post, or if I'm missing any details one would normally include in something like this--I'm a newbie.

Been in the market for a nice commuter I could potentially over time potentially convert into a simple/condensed touring rig--nothing major. Found a listing for a "Puch Luzern Sport Touring" in my local area (apologies as I'm restricted from including the actual picture/link as I don't have > 10 posts on the forums)--think this might fit the bill. No information on the post other than price/size, waiting to hear from the seller. No information on components, other than it's recently been tuned--I'll have a better idea when I visit to test but it all looks clean and in-check from the online picture.

Details I can find online lead to me believe this is a 1982 Austro Daimler Puch Luzern Reynolds 531 Fast-Touring Bicycle (if you Google this, you can find a picture from another seller previously that looks almost identical to what I'm looking at), although I could be wrong.

My question: Seller's listing $360. Would $250 be a reasonable counter-offer, with the expectation we'll land at $300? $300 seems reasonable to me, but open to all feedback if I'm well over/under. Thank you in advance for your comments/advice!
Old 08-25-19, 12:40 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
We can't give an evaluation without pictures as price hinges on condition as well as the quality of the parts and the frame. Certainly $300 is a very decent price for a reynolds 531 bike (assuming that this is a full reynolds frame) and depending on condition and quality, the asking price might be very reasonable.