Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Just checking in

Old 02-03-19, 10:48 AM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Just checking in

Hey guys. I haven't posted here in awhile, but I do lurk every so often. It is winter here in Wisconsin and so I am off the bike the last couple of months. I hung up my bike a little early this year, last riding in early November. Since then, I am off the bike completely, not even spinning or using a trainer.

I posted last year about how I was thinking cycling alone isn't enough to get and stay fit, and I have been keeping myself in shape practicing Tae Kwon Do 3 or 4 times a week. Whether that keeps me in cycling shape remains to be seen.

That said, I am looking forward to getting out and riding, hopefully by March or at the latest, April.
Old 02-03-19, 01:33 PM
tunavic

Bikes: '12 BMC Road Racer, Pinarello KOBH

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked 21 Times in 15 Posts
Originally Posted by MRT2
I posted last year about how I was thinking cycling alone isn't enough to get and stay fit, and I have been keeping myself in shape practicing Tae Kwon Do 3 or 4 times a week. Whether that keeps me in cycling shape remains to be seen.
The only thing that keeps you in cycling shape is cycling. If you've been active and haven't gained weight it won't take long to gain what you lost.
Old 02-03-19, 01:36 PM
MRT2

Bikes: 2012 Salsa Casseroll, 2009 Kona Blast

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1031 Post(s)
Liked 208 Times in 146 Posts
Originally Posted by tunavic
The only thing that keeps you in cycling shape is cycling. If you've been active and haven't gained weight it won't take long to gain what you lost.
We will see. Cycling has always been a seasonal activity for me so I usually lose a little bit of cycling fitness every winter.. The TKD is a change from the past.

Last edited by MRT2; 02-03-19 at 01:45 PM.