Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Ironman Information Thread

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Ironman Information Thread

Old 11-18-21, 01:52 PM
seypat

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3233 Post(s)
Liked 2,511 Times in 1,510 Posts
Originally Posted by EffinJeffin
Robbie,

I own the red Ironman and was wondering if there was a way to update to turn it into an Ironman bike. It has all the original parts and components. I do not know anything about bikes but I do know that I'd love to use this bike to complete my second Ironman. My dad gifted me this bike that was his 10th wedding anniversary gift.
RT was banned around a year ago.

Ask your question again in the "Post Your Ironmans, For The Love Of 80's Paint Jobs" thread. Post pics of your bike if you have any. That's the best place to get a response.

https://www.bikeforums.net/classic-v...aint-jobs.html
Likes For seypat:
Old 08-23-23, 01:38 AM
madpogue 

Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2356 Post(s)
Liked 1,743 Times in 1,187 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
The Centurion Carbon Ironman and Carbon-R both used a 25.0 seatpost. However, I'm not sure which brand was oem.
Necro-quote, I know, but BOOM, this was the data point drop I needed. Just picked up an '88 frameset (88C0182), including a tricolor crankset and rear mech. Maybe that makes it an '89 (or late '88?) Carbon-R, since it's not DA. Dude threw in a 105 FD, but it's otherwise gonna be a parts bin build. Even the vintage-centurion site thinks it takes a 25.4 seat post, but the two I have definitely will NOT work. I have a sense a 25.0 is gonna set me back a little.