Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Miyata Alumitech Trailrunner (1989-1992) INFO?

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-19, 10:02 PM
Nu2Miele

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts

Hi all. The last new thread I posted regarding a Fuji bike ended being a no go in getting it. A friend offered me a fugly POS that upon closer exam looks to be a 1989-1992 Miyata alumitech Trailrunner. The bike seems cobbled together, but lsome of the original stuff is still there. Most importantly the LX hubs/Araya rims the crankset/chainrings, bottom bracket, headset, etc. Biggest "missing" parts are the shifters/ brake levers, the correct stem/handlebars, and the rear derailleur. The paint is in rough shape and the decalling is shot. BUT it all functions or so it seems.

I know that it will be basically valueless once done, but it is a nice enough bike that it should get some sort of restoration.

Just looking for any that have direct experience with the Miyata alumitech [/bold]mountain [/bold*] bike.