Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Foo
Reload this Page >

Where I would rather be !!!

Notices
Foo Off-Topic chit chat with no general subject.

Old 06-28-20, 01:28 PM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1241 Post(s)
Liked 1,091 Times in 704 Posts

Windsor Missouri... pit stop on The Katy a few years ago age 50, my excuse for having a bit of a tummy LMAO. NOS energy drink and my helmet is crooked. I don’t plan on aging gracefully lol.

Big Bend NP. Started in the mountains in the background getting a much need downhill cruise. Was preparing for The Katy Trail. Again at age 50 LOL. Don’t we all wish we can stay 28 forever.

Last edited by Hondo Gravel; 06-28-20 at 01:54 PM.
Likes For Hondo Gravel:
Old 07-08-20, 06:57 AM
jack pot 
Fxxxxr

Bikes: wabi classic (stolen & recovered)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 154 Times in 122 Posts
^^^^ those shoulder drop offs the middle of nowhere are dangerous on MOTOs ... there are places in the BIG BEND where if you are on 2 wheels and unsupported you either very capable or DUMMMMB (me) BUT i got away with it
Old 07-08-20, 07:08 AM
joesch

Bikes: 83 Colnago Super, 87 50th Daccordi, 87 Guerciotti, 90s Colnago Master and Titanio, 96 Serotta Colorado TG, 95/05 Colnago C40/C50, 08 Lemond Filmore, 12 Cervelo R3

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Liked 70 Times in 51 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post

Windsor Missouri... pit stop on The Katy a few years ago age 50, my excuse for having a bit of a tummy LMAO. NOS energy drink and my helmet is crooked. I donít plan on aging gracefully lol.

Big Bend NP. Started in the mountains in the background getting a much need downhill cruise. Was preparing for The Katy Trail. Again at age 50 LOL. Donít we all wish we can stay 28 forever.
Good that this TX summer has not been a HHH and included plenty of rain.
Old 07-08-20, 07:09 AM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 8634 Post(s)
Liked 991 Times in 682 Posts
Big Bend looks a lot like northern Arizona.

As far as 28... Yeah, I'd love to have the body and strength I had at 28, and the mind and knowledge I have now. At 28, I thought nothing of swimming a mile and cycling 35 miles on the same day, and then going out to "dance the night away."

My present mind says I can still do that... my present body tells me otherwise. Don't even get me started on the "dancing."
Old 07-08-20, 07:32 AM
roundypndr 
Been around the block

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 22 Posts
Looks like a lot of fun, wishing for you in getting to do it again, and speaking of 28, I'll will take the energy level that I had, but no way in Hell will I take back my 28 year old mindset.
Likes For roundypndr:
Old 07-08-20, 09:50 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

I’ll keep my 52 1/2 year old brain and try probably in vain to get my 28 year old energy back. About 100 miles west of here the desert begins and is very similar all the way to Southern California some slight differences but the same. Some places in Big Bend you fly off the road it’s game over. I love riding the Katy it was going to be a yearly pilgrimaged but not this summer. The GAP and C&O I definitely want to ride again. There isn’t any trails like that near where I live. On a brighter note I’m very lucky to have plenty of gravel and paved roads that are lightly traveled where I can take off from my garage. Here is a pic from yesterday I ride just before dark then night ride to get out of the heat. Plus night riding makes the same old route feel new again.

Old 07-08-20, 10:49 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 12012 Post(s)
Liked 3,357 Times in 1,872 Posts
Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 07-08-20, 11:12 AM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Quoted: 12012 Post(s)
Liked 3,357 Times in 1,872 Posts
One more from that hike. People think I'm crazy when I say this, but I love big burns and I cannot lie.

Likes For Seattle Forrest:
Old 07-08-20, 12:22 PM
genec
genec

Bikes: custom built, sannino, beachbike, giant trance x2

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 8634 Post(s)
Liked 991 Times in 682 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
Iíll keep my 52 1/2 year old brain and try probably in vain to get my 28 year old energy back. About 100 miles west of here the desert begins and is very similar all the way to Southern California some slight differences but the same. Some places in Big Bend you fly off the road itís game over. I love riding the Katy it was going to be a yearly pilgrimaged but not this summer. The GAP and C&O I definitely want to ride again. There isnít any trails like that near where I live. On a brighter note Iím very lucky to have plenty of gravel and paved roads that are lightly traveled where I can take off from my garage. Here is a pic from yesterday I ride just before dark then night ride to get out of the heat. Plus night riding makes the same old route feel new again.

LOL... Hell, I'd take 52 back.
Likes For genec:
Old 07-10-20, 02:16 PM
BadGrandma

Bikes: Surly Cross, Franklin tandem, Culprit Jr., BMX racer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Iceland! Bruce and I have been paid up since March for a vacation in mostly southern Iceland, a private tour led by an anthropologist named Andres.
Likes For BadGrandma:
Old 07-13-20, 12:06 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Originally Posted by BadGrandma View Post
Iceland! Bruce and I have been paid up since March for a vacation in mostly southern Iceland, a private tour led by an anthropologist named Andres.
Reminds we of the drunk Iceland man that was freaking out on a flight from Reykjavik to NY. They duct taped him to his seat and when he wouldnít shut up they duct taped his mouth. You probably remember when that happened a few years ago.