Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Clyde Friendly Cycling Clothing Outfitter

Search
Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-17, 08:20 PM
Gravel.Grinder

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone,

First time poster, but long time lurker. Was wondering if we could get a list going of clyde/athena friendly clothing companies that cater to anyone that normally has above a 49" chest size.

I know of
Aerotech
Performance
Fat Lad at the Back
Belch Gear
Primal

anyone else we can add? Not talking custom, but where you can purchase it retail.
Old 04-06-17, 10:24 PM
ClydeTim
Banned.

Bikes: Trek

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 264 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Luv2Pedal used to be a Clyde favorite. Up to 6XL on jerseys, very few but 5XL has 91 jerseys available. I also see 4XL bibs on the site (Falconi).

https://www.love2pedal.com/

Back in 05, I picked up 3 pair of Falconi bike shorts. Loved them. Couple years later, I picked up another couple pair but it seems the quality took a dive IMO (that was my experience). I don't even see the Falconi shorts on the site anymore, mostly Primal.

fat service and great customer service though.
Old 04-07-17, 07:17 AM
ill.clyde

Bikes: 2009 Trek 1.2

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Gravel.Grinder
Hey everyone,

First time poster, but long time lurker. Was wondering if we could get a list going of clyde/athena friendly clothing companies that cater to anyone that normally has above a 49" chest size.

I know of
Aerotech
Performance
Fat Lad at the Back
Belch Gear
Primal

anyone else we can add? Not talking custom, but where you can purchase it retail.
Never heard of FLAB before ... nice looking stuff! I might have to order a couple jerseys
Old 04-07-17, 07:27 AM
NoGears

Bikes: Kona Big Unit Single Speed, Kona Private Jake Single Speed, Jamis Renegade Elite

Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah...the FLAB stuff looked good at first glance except that they seem to think that all guys with a big chest also have huge guts. I'm certainly not running around with shredded abs but I also don't have a gut that's 50"+ to go along with my 50" chest. It would be nice if a company would produce a more tapered jersey. Something for guys that are broad up top but not carrying a tractor tire around the middle. And maybe throw on some sleeves that don't try to cut off the circulation to arms that are bigger than strands of spaghetti.
Old 04-07-17, 08:16 AM
love2pedal.com

Bikes: Colnago C50

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
ClydeTim - thank you for the mention!

I have just created a coupon code for Clydes and Athenas for 10% off at our site.

The code is CLYDE10.

Good through April 30th. Good on all items including items already on sale.

(if posting this coupon code is against forum rules, let me know and I will remove it right away)

Dan
Old 04-08-17, 08:09 AM
Gravel.Grinder

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I have a FLAB jersey that I have outgrown. Chest size goes to 52" the quality is there for sure. I have one and an aerotech jersey I can pay it forward. I got lots of compliments on my FLAB jersey on a ride last year. One whippet

One of my constant criticisms is that the clyde jerseys are either
A: branded in a way that says "look at me I am a clyde" (see fat bastard jerseys"
B: Look like they came out of the K-mart $2 dollar bin
C: are usually relegated to the low spec quality fabrics.

I know its just a jersey and all, but is it too much to ask for a jersey not to look like all three? FLAB did respond to customer requests to remove the big "Fat Lad at the Back" branding on some of their jerseys since many didnt understand Yorkshire humour. Its not too much to ask for a jersey that blends in well with a group of whippets and feels good on the skin too right?
Old 04-09-17, 09:45 PM
brawlo

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked 76 Times in 57 Posts
Their site is currently down for maintenance, but these guys do big stuff and a pretty wide range of designs SprintDesignŽ, Cycle Clothing, Custom gear, Triathlon wear, Perth, Australia
Old 04-17-17, 06:21 AM
deaninkl

Bikes: 2009 Giant TCR Aluxx SL, 2015 Bruno 700c Tour, Canyon Urban 8.0, Giant FCR 2018,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 11 Posts
For anyone that has a Decathlon sport store near them the do up to 3XL in there cycle wear, i even saw 5XL shorts, their stuff is well made and cheap, no middle men.