Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

2019 Post Your Fixed Gear / Singlespeed Megathread

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

2019 Post Your Fixed Gear / Singlespeed Megathread

Old 04-15-19, 09:37 AM
seamuis
aire díthrub

Bikes: Raleigh Competition, Pashley Roadster Sovereign, Cielo Sportif Classic, Mercian Vincitore Speciale

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 192 Post(s)
Originally Posted by I_am_X View Post
My first project, not much into bicycles before. Still not happy with all parts, but a start. Obviously need to shorten the brake cables and want to change the grips. Thinking about removing the cadence sensor. And - to be honest, it is not a SSFG, it has a SRAM Automatix.

yea, for the love of all that is holy, shorten those cables. You know you’ve committed a ridiculous sin. Other than that, looks like a fun bike. Not really my thing, but you’ve put forth a great first effort. Also, those campy single pivots are a great choice, so keep those. Cheers.
Old 04-15-19, 07:52 PM
ryan_rides

Bikes: Aventon Cordoba 2018

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

BTW eating ice cream while riding your bike is really nice.
Old 04-16-19, 12:02 PM
shroomaroom

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Originally Posted by SirSoyrizo View Post
new rack day!
Nice little rack ! I'm thinking of getting the same in chrome for my soon-to-be Steamroller. Looks perfect for the city. Nitto stuff in general looks great.
Old 04-16-19, 02:28 PM
SirSoyrizo
gimm* gr***s

Bikes: 2017 Soma Rush

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Originally Posted by shroomaroom View Post
Nice little rack ! I'm thinking of getting the same in chrome for my soon-to-be Steamroller. Looks perfect for the city. Nitto stuff in general looks great.
yes nitto parts are quality and beautiful. my whole cockpit is pretty much nitto because im OCD like that. i didnt wanna get the chrome one only because i felt like i'd be blinding people with too much shiny going on. but that rack would be perfect on a steamroller.
Old 04-17-19, 05:01 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, GT Mountian Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
26 years old and still brings a smile every time I throw my leg over her beam.

Old 04-17-19, 07:50 PM
TMonk
Not actually Tmonk

Bikes: road, track, mtb

Mentioned: 103 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
You're doing that bike a major disservice with those tires! Some box rims with race tires are faster than your wheel setup. The rest of the bike looks like you have it configured to go fast. But those tires!
Old 04-17-19, 08:52 PM
PeopleAreIdiots

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Originally Posted by ZIPP2001 View Post
26 years old and still brings a smile every time I throw my leg over her beam.
Have you had it all 26 years? If so then you really have taken good care of it from what I can see. Its funky and awesome at the same time, I like it!

Also, just out curiosity, how much does it weigh?
Old 04-18-19, 08:02 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Bikes: Kestrel RT900 Road Bike, Zipp2001 Singlespeed, Zipp2001 TT Bike, GT Mountian Bike, Trek Stache 5, Giant Momentum Fat Bike

Originally Posted by PeopleAreIdiots View Post
Have you had it all 26 years? If so then you really have taken good care of it from what I can see. Its funky and awesome at the same time, I like it!

Also, just out curiosity, how much does it weigh?
Yes I've had it 26 years and this Zipp2001 bike has a crazy twin sister that is the same age but with a set-up I used for ultra marathon cycling events, time trails, and was a daily ride for 10 years. Never bothered to weight, so no idea of weight.

They do hang out in the spare office every now and then.
Old 04-18-19, 08:07 PM
ZIPP2001
Life Is Good

Originally Posted by TMonk View Post
You're doing that bike a major disservice with those tires! Some box rims with race tires are faster than your wheel setup. The rest of the bike looks like you have it configured to go fast. But those tires!
99% of the time I run my tri-spokes, or the tri-spoke with disc. The wheel in the pic I got by trading a original Zipp2001 break set, and have only rolled out with it for a couple rides in the 3 years I've had it. Doesn't matter what wheelset you have if you don't have the motor, so I'll stay in snail mode.