Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

G'Day From Sydney

Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

G'Day From Sydney

Old 04-04-19, 09:07 PM
Stebo81

Bikes: Cervelo R5, BMC Team Machine SLR01

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
G'Day From Sydney

Hi this is my first time joining any forum let alone a bicycle one. Why bike forums? because I love cycling and meeting other cyclists and chatting about the sport we all love.
We are coming into winter down here in Sydney, although the cold here is nothing compared to other parts of the world i'm sure. 5 degree celius (41 F) is what i would consider super cold here - getting chills just thinking about the winter riding ahead.

Now, i need to dig out my winter warmers once again! =)
Old 04-05-19, 06:31 AM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10961 Post(s)
Liked 4,616 Times in 2,120 Posts
Welcome! Stay warm!

Old 04-05-19, 09:55 AM
Tamiya

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked 12 Times in 10 Posts
Weather is weird. You folks seem to be getting a heap of rain up & floods in SYD whilst it's bone dry in MEL, can't even recall when we last had a decent rainy day the reservoirs are running low & the govt has finally switched on the desal plant (first time ever!)

Sunny & warm Friday so I thought I'd risk taking out the Raleigh Chopper around the park only to be met with EPA warnings of toxic fumes from warehouse fire upwind. Sky looked blue enough all morning.
Old 04-05-19, 02:32 PM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5223 Post(s)
Liked 3,577 Times in 2,341 Posts
welcome! you made a good choice, meaning this is an active forum. 5 degree celius (41 F)? Brrr!
Old 04-05-19, 04:06 PM
FBWMD

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Also new, welcome!
Old 04-07-19, 06:16 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,561 Times in 3,763 Posts
Welcome. After months of cold weather here in Michigan we're just starting to get some decent riding weather.
Old 04-09-19, 05:22 PM
Stebo81

Bikes: Cervelo R5, BMC Team Machine SLR01

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tamiya
Weather is weird. You folks seem to be getting a heap of rain up & floods in SYD whilst it's bone dry in MEL, can't even recall when we last had a decent rainy day the reservoirs are running low & the govt has finally switched on the desal plant (first time ever!)

Sunny & warm Friday so I thought I'd risk taking out the Raleigh Chopper around the park only to be met with EPA warnings of toxic fumes from warehouse fire upwind. Sky looked blue enough all morning.

We could possibly thank climate change for that. Although, if you talk to some people, climate change doesn't seem to exist to them. I may have opened up a can of worms with that comment so i'll stop here.
That discussion is for a different forum.

On another note, I am looking at signing up for one ride in Victoria this year any thoughts?
1. Around the bay: https://www.bicyclenetwork.com.au/ri...-prices/300km/
- completing an entire loop of Port Phillip Bay although painful would be a really good achievement.

2. Giro Della Donna: https://cyclingtips.com/2019gdd/
- Riding through the Yarra Valley rain forest, gravel tracks just sounds epic.

3. Cadel Ocean road: https://www.cadelevansgreatoceanroad...ride/overview/
- Get to see the pros race and maybe an opportunity to take a selfie with a pro rider and of course riding the great ocean road.....

ah decisions decisions. Don't think the wife would give me a pass to do all 3 in one year so must choose wisely