Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational)
Reload this Page >

Anybody ride a Lynskey Urbano? Cooper?

Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-18, 07:34 PM
pattrick

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 7 Posts

Posted this in the general forum but not much action there. Hoping for more response here.I do not have the ability to look at or ride an Urbano / Cooper so I am looking for opinions and experience from members here. I like running 32's currently and primarily run the back roads. Plan on exploring all the rail trails near Western Pa.. Looking at running ninety plus percent roads and some decent trails, nothing crazy. Currently running these on a 2016 Kona Jake the Snake and it does a nice job but ... well you guy's and girls understand
Old 07-12-18, 05:41 PM
danthemanohhyea

Bikes: Trek SingleTrack 950, Micargi M1000

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If you're considering either bike, find Lynskey on eBay and start watching for a frame to come up. They regularly sell Urbano frames for $750 on there vs $1800+ on their site. The frames are usually "past year" models, but the specs are the same as current model. For example, flat mount brakes didn't exist in 2016.

Here's a medium Urbano frame for example.

Here's the same frame on their site for $1800:
Link

Last edited by danthemanohhyea; 07-12-18 at 05:47 PM.
Old 07-14-18, 08:29 PM
pattrick

Thanks for the heads up

Does not seem to be to much interest in titanium on this forum. Oh well just have to jump or keep procrastinating. Just frustrating not having the ability to look at or ride before purchasing. Just wanted to say thanks for the information
Old 07-14-18, 08:38 PM
Marcus_Ti
FLIR Kitten to 0.05C

Bikes: Roadie: Seven Axiom Race Ti w/Chorus 11s. CX/Adventure: Carver Gravel Grinder w/ Di2

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 2349 Post(s)
Liked 406 Times in 254 Posts
Originally Posted by pattrick
Does not seem to be to much interest in titanium on this forum. Oh well just have to jump or keep procrastinating. Just frustrating not having the ability to look at or ride before purchasing. Just wanted to say thanks for the information
There is...but you're asking about two very specific framesets. Both with similar geometry that is on the more road-sh aggressive side WRT gravel riding...both with steeper angles up front, higher BB, but longer rear-center in back than the Kona you have now.

Either would work for the riding you propose.
Old 07-15-18, 07:07 AM
ct-vt-trekker

Bikes: 2024 Specialized Tarmac SL8Pro, 2022 Specialized Epic Evo, 2021 Framed Alaskan Fatbike,2019 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro, 2018 Trek Stache 9.7, 2013 Specialized Roubaix SL4 Expert, 2009 Ritchey Breakaway Cross, 2016 Lynskey ProCross, 2008 Trek T1000 Tandem,

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
About a year or two ago I did what Dantheman suggested and bought an Urbano frame for my wife and a Procross frame for myself on ebay directly from Lynskey. I paid about $700 for each frame then had Lynskey add a carbon fork and headset at great prices. I built them up with Ultegra and 105 components then bought 2 wheelsets for each bike one set has tubeless 36mm gravel tires the other has 28mm road tires. I have many bikes but I have to say these Lynskeys ride nicer than all of my other bikes. Perfect for gravel road riding. For the price these ended up costing us ,just around $2K complete with one wheelset , there isn't much on the market that can compare.
The Urbano is a Cooper with road bike cable routing, an improvement in my opinion unless you are racing cyclocross.
Old 07-15-18, 08:49 AM
Paul Barnard
For The Fun of It

Bikes: Lynskey GR300, Lynskey Backroad, Litespeed T6, Lynskey MT29, Burley Duet

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Liked 1,646 Times in 828 Posts
Originally Posted by pattrick
I am very interested in Ti, and specifically the Lynskey models you mentioned. I have been surfing ads waiting for the right deal on an Urbano in M/L to pop up.
Old 07-16-18, 07:40 PM
pattrick

Patience is a virtue ?

Ebay does seem the way to go if you can wait, and I can....the savings does seem to be substantial. I may just wait awhile to see what turns up. Thanks for all the replies and information.