Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Have Surly xcheck ... about to add Riv Atlantis to my fleet

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-05, 07:47 PM
canali

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

First of all, I really enjoy my surly cross check ...and when I saw a (just very slightly used) Rivendell Atlantis (in my small size of 51") discounted I just had to grab it .

So Atlantis riders, feel free to share any thoughts on how you like it
(esp if you also have a surly cross check)....the surly takes 700c wheels but this Atlantis will take 26"...I was worried about the slower speed but was reassured by the sales rep he could just replace the front chain to a higher one to make a similar speed for road riding (since I love to fly--unloaded of course--on the flats.

This should be it , as I also have DeKerf Generation mtn hardtail (made of steel but surprisingly light).
Old 04-29-05, 02:30 PM
Kodama
Quietly Desperate

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love my Atlantis and I expect you'll love yours. I have heard that the 26" handle differently then the 700cc which mine is. But it is a fantastic bicycle enjoy.