Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Taint issues - long lasting

Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Taint issues - long lasting

Old 02-25-21, 05:19 AM
arizkohli

Bikes: Scott Addict 20 rim brakes, Bergamont Grandurance RD5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey man I was in the same boat as you. Was riding the stock and then a generously padded saddle too high. My tool went completely numb and at times a lot of tingling to the extent I couldn't even feel it when I was peeing. I'm a large almost 130 kg guy and thought it's due to my weight which definitely is one of the factors but what helped me is this.

In the bike fit we lowered the saddle, angled the saddle down then started riding a very short nosed prologo saddle with a cut out. Then I got an Adamo Island reef saddle by ISM. The problem is almost 90% solved now but I have some chaffing issues due to the wider nose of the reef saddle. I'm happy now but I'm still searching for the holy grail of saddles for me. I'm going to try an Selle SMP Well M1 or a vt30c as soon as I can get my hands on one.

From my experience, too high a saddle, no cut out, too long a nose, too much padding, too much padding or ill fitting cycling shorts caused these problems. Eliminate them all and see how it goes.
Old 02-25-21, 06:00 AM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1063 Post(s)
Liked 771 Times in 499 Posts
My Bilateral Orchiectomy solved a pressure issue so that almost any seat is fine.