Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Good Efficient Cruiser Tires

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-20, 09:34 PM
Cyclist30923
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts

Hey Everyone! This is my first post in the Cruiser forum. I ride a Fito Medena that I am slowly upgrading and making into a much better bike. I am hoping to get some advice on a good set of 26-inch tires. The ones that came on the bike have over 1000 miles, and the sidewalls appear to be failing. I dont mind going narrower and higher pressure.

Steve
Old 04-06-20, 08:45 PM
JoshuaTSR

Bikes: 1997 Schwinn Homegrown FS

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 6 Posts
How far do you ride? Do you want comfort or speed?
Old 04-13-20, 08:17 PM
Cyclist30923
Banned.

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 6 Posts
Hi Joshua!

So sorry I did not respond sooner. I managed to get myself locked out of this forum stemming from a password problem, and had a heck of a time getting back in. I decided to go with the Kenda K838. It is a 1.95 inch tire with a nice 65 PSI pressure. I have had great luck with the Kenda Kwests on my mountain bike converted to flat bar road so hopefully they will not disappoint. Amazon had a great deal on the bright red ones, so hopefully they will look cool with the gloss black frame. The original tires that came on the bike were 2.25 inch whitewalls (no name brand) with 50 PSI. I managed to get 1100 miles out of them before one developed a big lump and would no longer seat in the rim properly. I guess for inexpensive factory tires I did OK on the mileage. I have a habit of doing 15 to 20 mile rides on my cruiser, so I am hoping that stepping up to a narrower, higher pressure tire will give me a little more efficiency when combatting our strong headwinds coming off of the Pacific!!!