Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Topeak Mondopack (Hydro)

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Topeak Mondopack (Hydro)

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-12, 11:00 AM
Bingo Blingo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Topeak Mondopack (Hydro)

Does anyone have experience with these extra large seat bags? Little has been published about their effectiveness. I like to bring a vest because my rides start in the cool weather near the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco. However, most of these rides end up in the much hotter areas of nearby Marin County. On some days, the temperature difference can be as much fifty degrees. When I get hot, I shove my vest into my jersey. Consequently, most of the time, I ride around with a sweaty hump on my back. The Topeak Mondopack Hydro seems to offer an ideal solution for this problem in theory, because it has a handy back pocket for the unworn vest. But practice and theory often differ: I am concerned about possible leg rub issues, fixer problems, and issues regarding its extra length. Also if there is a better solution out there I would like to hear about it.
Old 08-28-12, 03:24 PM
Ghost Ryder
Ghost Ryding 24/7

Bikes: Giant Defy with Dura Ace group, & Ksyrium SL's,Specialized Allez Shimano mixed/mashed,2011 Opus Sentiero,2008 Kona Jake the Snake,Custom built track/fixed,Stumpy Hartail,Kuwahara/ET bike.

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I use these 2.

https://www.topeak.com/products/Bags/...k_small_Velcro

https://www.topeak.com/products/Bags/...k_large_velcro

I find the large gives me ample room for a vest/jersey,tube,gels,keys,tire lever,mutli-tool, & bar/snack. I even a space for other things if I need it.
The small fits everything except the vest/jersey.
Old 08-28-12, 04:10 PM
pallen
Descends like a rock

Bikes: Scott Foil, Surly Pacer

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 8 Posts
I use a Banjo Brothers saddle trunk for long rides that might involve shedding layers and such. Depending on your position, you might get some leg rub, but it has never been an issue for me.

https://www.banjobrothers.com/product...-saddle-trunk/