Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Nishiki Maricopa hubs

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Nishiki Maricopa hubs

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-19, 07:06 PM
Senpai Arman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nishiki Maricopa hubs

Can i fit 10 speed cassette on nishiki maricopa stock hubs? It came equipped with an 8 speed cassette.
Old 11-14-19, 09:20 AM
Sapperc

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix SL4 Comp, Trek 930, Nishiki International

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked 25 Times in 15 Posts
Yes, it should work if the hub is in good condition, but you’ll need to change the rear derailleur to one that accommodates the new cassette too. Depending on type and design, you might need new shifters as well. Best source for advice and parts would probably be a bike co-op if you have access to one. Good luck!
Old 11-14-19, 09:24 AM
Thomas15
I think I know nothing.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 233 Post(s)
Liked 290 Times in 204 Posts
The cost of new shifters, cassette and chain plus other unexpected things that will come up probably make it more expensive than the increased value of the upgrade.
Old 11-28-19, 04:51 PM
Senpai Arman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Setup done

Thanks to all your answers sirs😌
Old 12-02-19, 03:43 PM
friday1970

Bikes: Optima Baron LR, '14 Nishiki Maricopa,'87 Trek 330 Elance, '89 Miyata 1400, '85 Peugeot PGN10, '04 Fuji Ace, '06 Giant Rincon, '95 Giant Allegre, '83 Trek 620, '86 Schwinn High Sierra

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked 163 Times in 107 Posts
How do you like your Nishiki Maricopa? I own one, but mine has been completely redone, with new wheels, groupset, carbon fork, bars, seat posts, brakes. Basically a bike to teach myself how to do my own repairs. After the upgrades, it has become a very light and nimble bike, especially in my small size.

If you do change anything, change out the rear cassette for something with 28T, depending on how hilly your area is. The stock 34Tx25T is a bit low for hillier areas. Not to mention how heavy the stock cassette is.