Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring > Touring Bikes and Gear Marketplace
Reload this Page >

Stephanson Warmlite tent - 3.5 lbs!

Notices
Touring Bikes and Gear Marketplace Premium or Red Star Membership required

Old 05-09-18, 02:24 PM
cny-bikeman
Mechanic/Tourist

Bikes: 2008 Novara Randonee - love it. Previous bikes:Motobecane Mirage, 1972 Moto Grand Jubilee (my fave), Jackson Rake 16, 1983 C'dale ST500.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts

Realistically, my bike camping days are over. It's just too easy to use Warmshowers and other inexpensive options when touring from home, or sleeping in the car if I drive to a jumping off point, especially with a 68 year old body. So I'm selling my beloved Stephenson Warmlite 2R.

It is a fantastic tent 4 season, 2 person tent. It takes less than 5 minutes and 3 stakes for basic set up, 4 more stakes to make it pretty much windproof. Still sheds rain, floor seems tight as well (always used groundsheet) and it has of course been seam sealed. As it is double-walled there is no need for a separate fly. The total weight with poles and stakes (stakes not provided) is under 3.5 lbs! This tent has the side window option as well as the drop front, as shown in the pics, allowing for lots of ventilation as well as sleeping under the stars. Current 2r's have double zippers in the entrance - this only has one, but entrance and exit is pretty easy. You can see the size of the opening from the sunlight streaming in on two of the pics. I've also posted pics that show rough dimensions and the side panels propped up. I did not tighten everything as much as can be done - is actually even more roomy than the pics indicate, and can be tightened up from inside the tent. Current price for a 2R configured with the side window and drop front options is $1000. I'm asking $300 $250, free shipping, and I'll include the insulated, self-inflating air mattress shown inside the tent. I know new backpacking tents can be had for less, but very few at this weight and with these features. Hopefully this particular style appeals to you.
It's a snug fit for two, especially with gear, but luxurious for one. If interested PM me. Thanks.
Here's a video of how the tent is set up:

Right window open

Interior

Interior right window open

Raised window

. Dimensions (approx. - current 2R model)

Front (zipper)

Drop front

Drop front

Last edited by cny-bikeman; 06-10-18 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Lowered price
Old 05-09-18, 03:03 PM
fietsbob
Banned

Bikes: 8

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 7607 Post(s)
Liked 1,355 Times in 862 Posts
Somebody bought my 3 person last year . both ends have the same door.
as it used pre curved poles you put stakes in one end, and put the poles in while flat on the ground,
then pulled it up and set the stakes in the other near to you end.. So, could put it up in some pretty stiff winds..
Old 06-02-18, 10:36 AM
BCDrums
Recreational Road Cyclist

Bikes: 1990 Peter Mooney road bike

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 255 Post(s)
Liked 252 Times in 134 Posts
I went cross-country in this very model, camping for maybe 75 nights in it. It was good shelter, small and light to carry on the bike.
Old 06-10-18, 07:13 AM
cny-bikeman
Mechanic/Tourist

Bikes: 2008 Novara Randonee - love it. Previous bikes:Motobecane Mirage, 1972 Moto Grand Jubilee (my fave), Jackson Rake 16, 1983 C'dale ST500.

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 11 Posts
Price lowered to $250!
Old 08-24-18, 10:11 PM
LuckySailor

Bikes: Trek 520 total custom build, Cannondale Mountain Tandem, Oryx Mountain Bike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Hi. How old is your tent? When was the last time you used it? Does a groundsheet come with it? Would you send to Canada? Thank you.

John