Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

SC Stigmata

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-21, 10:26 AM
JerseyShore

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
SC Stigmata

Hello,

I’m currently looking at this model for gravel and some road anybody a ride one? Any feedback would be appreciated. How was the fit how was is the ride compared to other bikes?
Old 03-21-21, 10:57 AM
PumpedUpKicks

Bikes: 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower C S+ Kit, 2020 Salsa Fargo Apex 1, 2015 Salsa Warbird Ti, Burley D'Lite double trailer

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 16 Times in 11 Posts
I can't speak to the 3rd gen Stigmata, but I rode a 2nd gen Stigmata for a few years. It was perfect for road and fast on gravel. the new models have generous tire clearance and a bit more relaxed geometry. 2nd gen was comfortable but definitely CX race geometry. I rode a smaller frame size than I normally ride and swapped the factory drops for flared drops. Overall great bike, and you can't beat SC's warranty.
Likes For PumpedUpKicks:
Old 03-21-21, 04:30 PM
JerseyShore

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by PumpedUpKicks
I can't speak to the 3rd gen Stigmata, but I rode a 2nd gen Stigmata for a few years. It was perfect for road and fast on gravel. the new models have generous tire clearance and a bit more relaxed geometry. 2nd gen was comfortable but definitely CX race geometry. I rode a smaller frame size than I normally ride and swapped the factory drops for flared drops. Overall great bike, and you can't beat SC's warranty.
beauty what are you riding now ?
Old 03-21-21, 04:57 PM
PumpedUpKicks

Bikes: 2017 Santa Cruz Hightower C S+ Kit, 2020 Salsa Fargo Apex 1, 2015 Salsa Warbird Ti, Burley D'Lite double trailer

Went from the Stigmata to a Salsa Fargo. Had a disc injury weight lifting and wanted something more upright and bigger tire clearance. I do miss the Stigmata! It was fast and light. I know SC is raising the price of the bikes 10% so if a Stigmata is what you have your heart set on, snag one while you can!
AND post a pic!
Likes For PumpedUpKicks:
Old 03-22-21, 07:47 AM
Jazzguitar

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
I built up a Sigmata frameset in early February and I'm still dialing it in but I love it so far. I'm coming from a 2018 Diverge and the Stig definitely feels more lively, in a good way, and I really appreciate the higher bottom bracket and massive tire clearance. I took it out on some single track yesterday and set several personal bests, which is surprising given how early in the season we are. Overall I'm very happy with the switch.

Fit wise I went with a 100mm stem and 20mm setback post even though stock builds go with 90mm and 0mm for a size 54. I think the stock build would have been a little compact for my taste, I do have a 90mm stem on hand though and might try it out sometime.

Last edited by Jazzguitar; 03-22-21 at 07:51 AM.
Likes For Jazzguitar:
Old 03-22-21, 06:01 PM
Caliwild

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked 692 Times in 288 Posts
I test rode the last model and it was great. The new model looks even nicer. I really like that green, Jazzguitar! Now I wish I could find one in a 56... seem to be out of stock everywhere...

Last edited by Caliwild; 03-24-21 at 01:37 PM.
Likes For Caliwild:
Old 03-22-21, 06:26 PM
dvdslw

Bikes: Santa Cruz Stigmata

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 30 Times in 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Caliwild
I test rode the last model and it was great. The new model looks even nice. I really like that green, Jazzguitar! Now I wish I could find one in a 56... seem to be out of stock everywhere...
I searched high and low for a Stigmata either complete or as a frameset with no luck whatsoever. I contacted Santa Cruz and they were saying November before they begin to hit the stores.
Likes For dvdslw:
Old 03-23-21, 06:44 AM
Tom L

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 9 Posts
I have one, 3 yrs old, orange one, is by far my favorite bike, very versatile
converted it to a flat bar bike last summer, has been great for me, take the roads to the local trails and then
back home
bike is light, I have 32mm tires on it. no issues with the frame
Likes For Tom L:
Old 03-23-21, 07:59 PM
JerseyShore

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
60 cm very hard to find !
Likes For JerseyShore:
Old 03-24-21, 04:35 AM
PumpedUpKicks

JerseyShore I occasionally see them on The Pros Closet and also on Pinkbike. (There is a 60cm 2nd gen and a 3rd gen on pinkbike now) if you didn't mind buying a used one. Check eBay too. I actually sold mine through Pinkbike to a guy in California.
Likes For PumpedUpKicks:
Old 03-24-21, 06:27 AM
Jazzguitar

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked 22 Times in 14 Posts
Keep an eye on Backcountry, that's where I got my frameset. They seem to get stock every once in a while, when I got mine they had one each of 54 through 60 in stock, though not in both colors.
Likes For Jazzguitar: