Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Framebuilders
Reload this Page >

Framebuilder Starter Kit™

Search
Notices
Framebuilders Thinking about a custom frame? Lugged vs Fillet Brazed. Different Frame materials? Newvex or Pacenti Lugs? why get a custom Road, Mountain, or Track Frame? Got a question about framebuilding? Lets discuss framebuilding at it's finest.

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-24, 10:03 AM
e-RICHIE

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 10 Posts

-
We all enter the room and wonder, “what goes where?” But – and trust me on this – the knowledge does arrive. We’re each walking an unpaved road. There’s no real right way to enter the trade. One thing’s for darn sure though, we need stuff. That’s where the Framebuilder Starter Kit™ comes in.
Over the eons I’ve accumulated the aforementioned knowledge and have tried vigilantly to share it on the various listserves, forums, and from the end of any bar I’ve taken up space in. I’ve put many components and tube sets into the market to help folks with their material needs. Now, I offer the FSK™.
The parcel contains a potpourri of steel goodness from my stash. Everything in each box is from the classic eras of framebuilding (wait – there was more than one?) I’m personally curating small bundles (no two alike) of sample kits so those interested in being the next in line can access what’s needed.
For those keeping score, these very unique assemblages of craft goodness have parts from the famous names from the last 70 years. Nervex, Samson, Campagnolo, Cinelli, Davis Components, Bocama, Nagasawa, Tecnociclo, Everest, Long Shen, Short Shen, Gipiemme, Trader Joe’s, Fisher, and Silva.
The perfect gift.
Hey – I’m serious.
https://richardsachs.com/product/fra...r-starter-kit/
All This By Hand
#framebuilding
#custombicycle
#vintage
#lugsnotdrugs
#traditional
#hauteframebuilding
#learnbydoing
#classic
#theperfectgift

Old 01-12-24, 01:09 PM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Everyone loves a mystery box. Looking at the pictures, it looks like there's not a lot of "sets" in one box. What are the chances of getting 4 drop outs, a crown, a bb shell and 3 lugs that will work together? Is that a 2 or 3 box ask?
Old 01-12-24, 01:29 PM
e-RICHIE

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by bark_eater
Everyone loves a mystery box. Looking at the pictures, it looks like there's not a lot of "sets" in one box. What are the chances of getting 4 drop outs, a crown, a bb shell and 3 lugs that will work together? Is that a 2 or 3 box ask?

For that, it's a different animal.
Email directly with what you want and, if I can complete it, I'll reply in quote.
therichardsachs AT gmail etc

OR

You can simply shop my store
https://richardsachs.com/materials/
Old 01-13-24, 10:28 AM
Andrew R Stewart 

Bikes: Stewart S&S coupled sport tourer, Stewart Sunday light, Stewart Commuting, Stewart Touring, Co Motion Tandem, Stewart 3-Spd, Stewart Track, Fuji Finest, Mongoose Tomac ATB, GT Bravado ATB, JCP Folder, Stewart 650B ATB

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4209 Post(s)
Liked 3,875 Times in 2,315 Posts
Originally Posted by bark_eater

I think you are missing some of the reason why Richard is offering these kits. Andy
Old 01-13-24, 10:35 AM
bark_eater 

Bikes: Road ready: 1993 Koga Miyata City Liner Touring Hybrid, 1989 Centurion Sport DLX, "I Blame GP" Bridgestone CB-1. Projects: Yea, I got a problem....

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Quoted: 753 Post(s)
Liked 737 Times in 422 Posts
Originally Posted by Andrew R Stewart
I think you are missing some of the reason why Richard is offering these kits. Andy
It took me a minute.....
Likes For bark_eater:
Old 01-15-24, 02:13 PM
Classtime 

Bikes: 82 Medici, 2011 Richard Sachs, 2011 Milwaukee Road

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1952 Post(s)
Liked 2,013 Times in 1,112 Posts
When they arrive, we can then mix and match.