Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

3 more hike/bike pods coming to the Oregon coast State Parks

Search
Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-20, 01:19 PM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 521 Times in 290 Posts

https://www.orparksforever.org/three-more-bike-pods/
These are pretty handy to have - being able to charge your electronics in a lockable locker is really nice...

Locks are not included, so plan to bring a padlock if you're heading through the area.
Likes For mtnbud:
Old 10-21-20, 01:35 PM
indyfabz

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18397 Post(s)
Liked 15,492 Times in 7,316 Posts
Five Montana state parks have similar areas. All are either on or very close to ACA routes. I’ve stayed at two twice. Very nice. Covered picnic table with power outlets, water source, pea gravel tent pads, bike repair clamps and bear lockers. The two I stayed at have good shade around the tent pads. $8/person for residents. $12 for non-residents. AFAIK, all 5 parks have showers, but they cost $3 extra for all users.
Likes For indyfabz:
Old 10-21-20, 02:00 PM
Eggman84

Bikes: 2014 Bruce Gordon Rock&Road, 1995 Santana Visa Tandem, 1990 Trek 520, 2012 Surly LHT

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 35 Posts
Glad to see they are investing in bike facilities. Now if Oregon just opened their hiker/biker campsites. Yea, that is true. if you showed up on a bike you couldn't camp this summer - and according to there website that is still true. Must be because hikers and bikers were/are super spreaders of Covid, but if you drive in you are somehow magically immune to Covid because you are surrounded by 3,000+ pounds of metal. Way to go Oregon. They should let Washington State know this (or maybe Washington State knows something which is why their hiker biker sites are open). So I will spend my $ where I am welcome.
Old 10-22-20, 09:22 AM
mtnbud

Bikes: 2019 Trek Stash 7, 1994 Specialized Epic 1986 Diamondback Ascent 1996 Klein Pulse Comp, 2006 Specialized Sequoia Elite

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 418 Post(s)
Liked 521 Times in 290 Posts
Off topic, but the above comment jogged my memory.

RIP Tom McCall: