Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Looking for a Sissy Bar

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Looking for a Sissy Bar

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-19, 01:17 PM
tylerdaigler1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Looking for a Sissy Bar

Hey all! Happy New Years!

Im working to get my beach cruiser to look somewhat like my Harley. I don't know anything about bicycles at all, so I'm hoping someone on this site can help me!

Is there a website or a manufacture of universal sissy bars for bicycles? And even the matching black style banana seat? I'm thinking it cloud bolt in on axle and just shoot strait up? If not - does anyone know where I could get a custom made?

Bicycle is Electra Rat Rod
Old 01-09-19, 09:46 AM
wschruba

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quoted: 499 Post(s)
Liked 63 Times in 48 Posts
Cyclone bicycle supply sells what you want. Most large shops have an account with them. Of course, you could search online (ebay,etc...) and find what you're looking for, too.
Old 01-09-19, 09:47 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
ebay, unless you're after something more unusual. i've gotten a couple of the stingray/musclebike type from there.
Old 01-09-19, 02:26 PM
Speedway2

Bikes: United Motocross BMX, Specialized Langster, Giant OCR, Marin Muirwoods, Globe Roll2, VROD:)

Quoted: 238 Post(s)
Liked 404 Times in 245 Posts
I think there's one in the neighborhood.....never mind.
Old 01-20-19, 09:16 PM
BicycleSafari
Safari Master

Bikes: 84 Ross Mt.Whitney - 84 Specialized Stump Jumper - 84 Nishiki Kodiak - 86 Specialized Rockhopper - 86 Cannondal SM-600 with 24" wheels - + more project frames than I'd care to admit to

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 49 Times in 16 Posts
Ebay

Ebay has a lot of great options! One thing to know about sissy bars and banana seats is that when you are shopping for them you will see ones that are marked as 16inch, 20inch, and 26inch. These numbers do not denote the length of the seat, but rather, are an indicator as to which size bike the seat will fit with based on the size of the wheel. So if, for example, you're turning an adult size beach cruiser, or old mountain bike, into a banana bike then you would want a 26inch seat.