Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Salutations World!

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Salutations World!

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-19, 08:27 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Bikes: Why list them on a non-cycling website!

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 144 Post(s)
Liked 71 Times in 55 Posts
Salutations World!

Good morning, good day, good afternoon, and good evening to all the time zones.

I hail from Northeast Florida and New England/Massachusetts areas. I'll be building up about 20 frames in the coming months. Most are 50's-80's road, and light touring frames of primarily Italian manufacture (Vicini, Ronchini, Marchesini, Moser, Colnago, Basso, Berardi, Gion, Tommasini, Olmo, Helter, Crescent, Cazenave, Fondriest, Lygie, Guerciotti, GT, Planet X, Batavus, Gios, Quintana Roo, Schwinn, Bianchi, Trek, Cannondale, Raleigh, Royal Scot, Tommaso/ALAN, Chiementin, and many mystery frames). Okay, a few more than 20. I can't wait to get the insight of all members, some who already have helped (thanks again T-mar, non-fixie et al.)

I will attempt to keep photo journals of all stages of repair/rebuilding/restoring, as well as parts selection where I will invite members to actually build up a frame given a parts selection for a specific frame. Some eroica, some Frankenstein, and some who knows. I hope to share my limited knowledge and hopefully get it a little less limited. Cycling on the road for 40 years (yeah, not a young punk anymore, just a punk) in the USA, Europe, the Middle East, and the Caribbean Islands.

Start project is a Vicini in the Super Villian series: The Green Goblin!

Thanks for all the help so far and that which is forthcoming.

HPL
Old 04-15-19, 10:32 PM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 92 Posts
Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your photo journals! I'm not familiar with all the bike names you mentioned, but the 2nd bike I owned was a 1973 Lygie Pro with Campagnolo Nuovo Record parts, Universal sidepull brakes and 27" wheels.. I don't have the frame for the bike anymore but kept all the parts. I'm planning on finding a 70's frameset and building it up with my Lygie parts, including the 27" wheels (Campy high flange with Weinmann cllincher rims) from that bike. I haven't come across a frame that I like for the 27" wheels yet.
Old 04-16-19, 12:02 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Lygie

Originally Posted by momoman
Welcome! I'm looking forward to seeing your photo journals! I'm not familiar with all the bike names you mentioned, but the 2nd bike I owned was a 1973 Lygie Pro with Campagnolo Nuovo Record parts, Universal sidepull brakes and 27" wheels.. I don't have the frame for the bike anymore but kept all the parts. I'm planning on finding a 70's frameset and building it up with my Lygie parts, including the 27" wheels (Campy high flange with Weinmann cllincher rims) from that bike. I haven't come across a frame that I like for the 27" wheels yet.
Thank you for the welcome! The Lygie is from around the late 50's. I'm still gathering parts for it since I'm trying to keep traditional, hard to find those 50's parts in good shape. It's an odd frame in that they company spelled their own name wrong on the DT decal (reads: LIGIE, vice LYGIE). I've never seen it spelled like that, it has the "LYGIE" spelling on the headbadge, and I've seen the exact frame color and all with the "proper" decal. I'll start a thread in C&V when I get to that. Presently, starting work on a "Viciini", could be a mystery frame due to repaint, but we'll see!
Take care,
Old 04-16-19, 07:52 PM
Trsnrtr
Super Modest

Bikes: Trek Emonda, Giant Propel, Colnago V3, Co-Motion Supremo, ICE VTX WC

Mentioned: 107 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10963 Post(s)
Liked 4,620 Times in 2,123 Posts
Welcome! Looking forward to the pics.

Old 04-17-19, 04:39 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3089 Post(s)
Liked 6,590 Times in 3,780 Posts
Welcome! Good luck with all your projects.
Old 04-17-19, 08:20 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Th

Originally Posted by cb400bill
Welcome! Good luck with all your projects.
Thanks for the welcome.
I hope to engage others in a "virtual" restoration of one bike frame by means of popular vote. I hope that's not too weird, but I am curious to see how the young, old, knowledgeable, and those just learning would do given a free reign with no cost or risk to themselves. In other words: build up a "bike forums" bike that a large and diverse group would be proud of as a representation of the common (and uncommon) tastes of of the forum. I tend to go against the general flow (or at least 90° from the norm). Proceeding with building up "re-badged" Moser Leader frame started before my entry into this community. Will post in C&V with that project progress. I
Just a note: I had sent the site an email from my regular email address about some function issue(s) with the site. After trying the same functions from a desktop computer (previously done on a mobile device), I had no problems. I believe that the problem somehow resides within the interface of the Android program with other sites. It happens on more than just the BF site. I have to abandon my phone in order to achieve smooth operation. So if others are having navigation and/or other function issues, it could be related to Android. Everything is fine now.

Last edited by HPL; 04-17-19 at 09:18 AM. Reason: Added photos Moser Leader referenced in post.
Old 04-17-19, 10:25 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

MOSER LEADER (year, sub-model unknown), "rebadged" Colnago, partial build w/ Camp mix drivetrain

Old 04-17-19, 12:08 PM
momoman

Bikes: 2013 Wilier Gran Turismo, 1983 Trek 760, 80's Colnago Super, 90's De Rosa SLX, 2009 Waterford 22 Series Singlespeed, 85 Medici Pro Strada, De Rosa Alumino frameset, Dave Molten Fuso frameset, 70's beater Peugeot PX10, Zizzo Liberte, 2022 Yoeleo R12

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked 199 Times in 92 Posts
Hey, those are Bullseye pulleys on that Campy Nuovo Record rear derailleur. I also put them on my NR derailleur. They definitely make the bike look and feel faster! LOL. That’s a beautiful bike!
Old 04-18-19, 07:18 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Originally Posted by momoman
Hey, those are Bullseye pulleys on that Campy Nuovo Record rear derailleur. I also put them on my NR derailleur. They definitely make the bike look and feel faster! LOL. That’s a beautiful bike!
Yes, I first put Bullseyes on an old 70's NR rear derail. and really liked them, that was 30 years ago, and I still use the same pair, albeit with some repacking of the "sealed" bearings; over tooth wear has been minimal for all the miles they've handled. The pulleys in the photo came with the derailleur. That frame will be in the C&V forum under either a recent 'Moser Leader" thread or I'll make a new "Moser Leader" thread since I really don't know the year or sub-model it might be wise to open a new discussion. It's got the Oria tubing but I'm not sure what specific type.
Old 04-19-19, 04:11 PM
Sdmorris78

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello and welcome.
Old 04-20-19, 04:06 AM
benjsy

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Welcome, looking forward to seeing the Olmo!
Old 04-20-19, 07:27 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Olmo Build

Originally Posted by benjsy
Welcome, looking forward to seeing the Olmo!
I've been riding the Olmo for a few years after saving from a "bike Murderer"; guy was trying to sell and "restore" at the same time. I saw a complete bike, and then pieces of one. Threw away good vintage parts and started sanding the chrome (ouch)! It's a 60 cm frame way too big for, me I'm 5'7", but I feel great on it although looks bad with the seat buried. Still no paint, some rust; should be in the shop this summer, I now have the parts I need to finish; expect a nearly all orange and black bike.
HPL
Old 04-20-19, 12:15 PM
StanSeven
Administrator

Bikes: Cervelo C5, Guru Photon, Waterford, Specialized CX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1106 Post(s)
Liked 2,173 Times in 1,464 Posts
Welcome. Love that orange Colnago.
Old 04-21-19, 07:00 AM
HPL
Barred @ Velocipedesalon

Orange "Colnago"

Originally Posted by StanSeven
Welcome. Love that orange Colnago.
Thanks for the welcome Stan. That frame I believe is actually a Moser Leader which previous owner "rebadged" as a Colnago with a custom paint job. I'll put it in a Moser thread to see if anyone has any knowledge on it. I think that I'd be pilloried it posting in a Colnago thread. I do have a '75 Colnago Super; if it only had that paint! It's still 100% original with all the battle scars.
Take care,