Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Paint Touch Up on minor dings/scratches

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-10, 11:48 AM
illdthedj

Bikes: klein quantum, litespeed tuscany, bianchi pista concept, centurion comp ta, centurion super le mans, traitor ringleader

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hi!

I did a cursory search but didn't find a thread, so thought i would start one up (sorry in advance if a thread already exists, of which im sure there is but i was too lazy to find DOH)

Anywho....

Just curious, is there some kind of paint that could be used to touch up minor dings and scratches on a frame? im obviously not talking about having the entire frame sanded down and repainted....just something to use to paint over small nicks.

will model paint work? like that stuff you used on plastic airplane models?

what have you used? what was the paint called? what kind of paint was it? just use a brush? etc.

my frame is white, so luckily i dont think i need any complicated color matching.

Thanks in advance!
Old 03-15-10, 12:22 PM
Retro Grouch 

Bikes: Catrike 559 I own some others but they don't get ridden very much.

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Liked 643 Times in 364 Posts
Testors model paint works fine. Another commonly recommended choice is fingernail polish.

I generally use clear fingernail polish. If the color doesn't match EXACTLY, your touch up will be more distracting than the scratch. White, I imagine, will be easy to do even though there are a gazillion different shades of white.