Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

Getting a Burley Rock n' Roll back to the road

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Old 03-02-21, 03:12 PM
Lamima

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

Hi!
I repaired and build up several bikes (mainly Mountainbikes) from the 70s to modern stuff - but yesterday I bought my first tandem-frame and want to build it up.
It is a 1993 Burley Rock n' Roll with Magura Brakes and both cranksets - nothing else.
i wanted to start with the shifting stuff and ran into my first problem:
How is the routing of the shifter cables planned? They enter the downtube right behind the steering tube and the next (and only) tab is near the shifter.
So it is absolutely unclear how the cable for the front derailleur goes around the second bottom bracket?
In addition I can not imagine that the cable for the rear derailleur simple goes through the tube without any guiding because this will give really poor shifting behaviour.
Does anybody have a ideal how it was done originally? Is there a part missing at the end of the lower tube?

Regards
Marco
Likes For Lamima:
Old 03-03-21, 01:13 AM
Lamima

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
UCantTouchThis
thank you for the pictures....unfortunately they do not help me. On the Rock 'n Roll the routing of the cables is internally in the downtube...
Likes For Lamima: