Search
Notices
Mountain - Plains Colorado | Kansas | Missouri | Montana | North Dakota | Nebraska | South Dakota | Utah | Wyoming

Why are some of you chickens

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-21, 04:55 PM
Motojp

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why are some of you chickens

So I’m a recreational bike rider. I have a 20 year old gt mountain bike that I hop on the Platte River Trail in Littleton Colorado with to mix up my exercise regimen.

anyway, In the last year if had 3 occasions of one you cool guy road bikers have made a snide comment as I was either riding in a safe manor or pulled over for a rest or something.

is there some kind of “I’m a master road biker cool guy, decked out in full biker swag and a really expensive bike” entitlement thing going on here? Are the rest of us just not worthy? Is it as childish as look at the dork on that beat up mb? Or maybe your not worthy if you not wearing the form fitting biker shorts?

well here to you all you platte river trail ******* and mr biker guy that decides to call me a ***** today as he split, me well pulled over on the gravel, and a elderly couple walking past me.🖕🖕

next time just stop, get of your bike and call me a ***** to my face like a man instead of riding off like a *****.

btw, after stewing over the comment made I said **** this..... I almost had you ran down but my poor old gt was no match for your real cool road bike. To bad I wanted to chat with you about your comment really bad. So bad I registered on this forum to see if you might want to still talk about it.

so in summary, **** all you little entitled **** talking *******. I just don’t get it. I’m ready for it now so be ready when you want to flap your pie hole the next time.

I know you all aren’t like that so my apologies to the rest of you✌️
Old 04-03-21, 05:02 PM
tyrion

Bikes: Velo Orange Piolet

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 2228 Post(s)
Liked 2,011 Times in 972 Posts
Excellent first post.
Likes For tyrion:
Old 04-03-21, 05:16 PM
Motojp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrion
Excellent first post.
That didn’t answer any of my questions
Old 04-03-21, 05:26 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 1,955 Times in 941 Posts
On behalf of all Roadies in Colorado, the United States, Planet Earth and any possible alien civilizations that invented BSO's, I deeply regret the exchange you had today and you can bet I will investigate this with every fiber of my being to see there is justice for these scofflaws.
Likes For CAT7RDR:
Old 04-03-21, 05:28 PM
Motojp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tyrion
Excellent first post.
As I said this wasn’t the first time. I’m just just minding my own biz, well aware of trail etiquette and I get verbal abuse for no reason.... it got me intrigued the 3rd time 😺
Old 04-03-21, 05:37 PM
CAT7RDR

Bikes: 1999 Schwinn Peloton Ultegra 10, Kestrel RT-1000 Ultegra, Trek Marlin 6 Deore 29'er

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 822 Post(s)
Liked 1,955 Times in 941 Posts
In all seriousness, there are Adam Henry's in all walks of life. My experiences have been mostly positive but I can see where some roadies are arrogant but most I have crossed paths with when on my 29er are positive.
Old 04-03-21, 05:43 PM
Motojp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
On behalf of all Roadies in Colorado, the United States, Planet Earth and any possible alien civilizations that invented BSO's, I deeply regret the exchange you had today and you can bet I will investigate this with every fiber of my being to see there is justice for these scofflaws.
I certainly appreciate your thoughtfulness. So the proper slang is “roadies”? Wow that’s really cool. I thought it was “10 speeders” I’m really out of the cool loop

Y’all are so bent on the “road” why don’t you stay there and the **** off the trails?

This is the reply I was expecting because it people like you who want to smart off then get their ass kicked for it.
Old 04-03-21, 05:48 PM
Motojp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CAT7RDR
In all seriousness, there are Adam Henry's in all walks of life. My experiences have been mostly positive but I can see where some roadies are arrogant but most I have crossed paths with when on my 29er are positive.
nah I know, I acknowledged that it’s not all “Roadies “and it really doesn’t even matter but it pissed me the **** off being the 3rd time so here I am venting until I get banned
Old 04-03-21, 05:48 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Please stop with the foul language.

Old 04-03-21, 05:53 PM
Steve B.

Bikes: Flyxii FR322, Cannondale Topstone, Miyata City Liner, Specialized Chisel, Specialized Epic Evo

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 3221 Post(s)
Liked 2,048 Times in 1,170 Posts
Roadies are asshats.

Do a search here, you'll spend a month reading posts on the subject and all the reasons why.
Old 04-03-21, 06:46 PM
GrainBrain

Bikes: LeMond Zurich, Giant Talon 29er

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1221 Post(s)
Liked 627 Times in 471 Posts
Love the energy, never seen that BS around here. But in Denver I could see it. I do get dusted bad on gravel at least once a month, minding my own business then some truck flys past at like 65mph Geeze thanks you're the first and last vehicle I'll see on that stretch and I'm wearing a bunch of hi-vis but you're gonna teach me a lesson.
Likes For GrainBrain:
Old 04-03-21, 08:59 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
There's a subset of rude or otherwise uncivil people in every category of endeavor.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 04-03-21, 09:50 PM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
Originally Posted by Motojp
As I said this wasn’t the first time. I’m just just minding my own biz, well aware of trail etiquette and I get verbal abuse for no reason.... it got me intrigued the 3rd time 😺
Welcome to Bike Forums
Sorry you've had bad experiences.
Bike Forums has many subgroups for all different aspects of cycling. Take a look around.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 04-03-21, 10:29 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,401 Times in 896 Posts
Sorry you had to go through this, I don't blame you for being upset, I would be too. I ride different disciplines (including my 25 year old GT) and yes, there can be a bit of snobbery on both sides but usually not played out like this, at least where Im from.

Try not to let those people bother you. They probably have to try to prove something to themselves to make themselves feel superior. Your bike is heavier and tougher to ride than theirs so you're already ahead, so to speak, because you have to work harder. Don't let them ruin your weekend. They aren't worth it.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.