Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

What type of pants to you guys wear?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway
View Poll Results: Whats on your a$$ while riding?
Road bike shorts
45.74%
Bibs
35.11%
MTB shorts
7.45%
Blue jean shorts
1.06%
$7.99 Walmart gym shorts
7.45%
David Hasselhoff sig Speedos!
3.19%
Voters: 94. You may not vote on this poll

What type of pants to you guys wear?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-05, 01:26 AM
pedex
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 501 Times in 397 Posts
Originally Posted by Steelrider
Bad assumption. You clearly have not lived in California (or other states in the West/Southwest for that matter). It has it's minuses, but 30 degrees and lower is not one of them...
Lived in Napa,California for about 9 months, then in Vallejo for 4 more, it got down to freezing a few times.All winter long all it did was freakin rain.Even my short little 3 mile ride to school in the mornings with bike shorts would have been pretty darn cold in the late fall and winter.
Old 06-27-05, 01:39 AM
Steelrider

Bikes: Albert Eisentraut custom w/DA, Kestrel RT 700 w/Ultegra, Jamis Tangier

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by pedex
Lived in Napa,California for about 9 months, then in Vallejo for 4 more, it got down to freezing a few times.All winter long all it did was freakin rain.Even my short little 3 mile ride to school in the mornings with bike shorts would have been pretty darn cold in the late fall and winter.
Yeah, you're right - there are no absolutes, but that's pretty rare in the South Bay Area and I've never been in a position where I have to ride during the coldest part of the day. Still in all, the periods of having to wear tights/windpants are thankfully short, so I'm in bibs and short sleeves/sleeveless for most of the time. The only weather I don't really enjoy riding in is rain.
Old 06-27-05, 01:54 AM
khuon
DEADBEEF

Location: Catching his breath alongside a road near Seattle, WA USA

Bikes: 1999 K2 OzM, 2001 Aegis Aro Svelte

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by pedex
So based on the poll choices and the majority of the responses is it safe to assume the majority of you only ride part time, as in warm weather only, or many are probably part timers warm weather only?cause when its below 30 degrees F and the wind is howling I dont think those bike shorts are gonna help much
When the temps start to drop, I'll start donning arm and leg warmers which supplement the shorts and jersey. If it continues to fall below 40 then on come the thermal tights and goretex jersey and jacket.

It was pretty cold the morning this picture was taken but arm and leg warmers with regular cycling shorts and jersey worked fine.