Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Cyclo90 - any one use / tried? Thoughts?

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-13, 07:30 AM
crazyravr

Bikes: 1 for road & 1 for gravel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts

Being a newbe at this I want to get better. I know people say just ride more and that is fine but for winter I would like to try some sort of organized training plan. Has any one used the above? Why or why not? To me seems like a good idea on paper especially for a newbe like myself but I have been wrong once or twice before
Old 12-27-13, 08:27 AM
Homebrew01
Super Moderator

Bikes: Old Steelies I made, Old Cannondales

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 1173 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 612 Posts
How newbie are you ?
I think training plans are good when you have specific goals, but if you are really new, you should just get out and ride for enjoyment. You can still push yourself. Increase the length of your rides. Ride at a higher intensity once in a while. Find out what kind of riding you like, and save the training plan until you know what you want.

FYI: https://www.bikeforums.net/forum-sugg...ad-please.html
Old 12-27-13, 09:02 AM
crazyravr

Bikes: 1 for road & 1 for gravel

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 146 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 28 Posts
I have been riding since last August and clocked in around 3000km. I basically want to be able to keep up in 35-40kmph group on group rides over 100km. As of now I am good with the 30-35kmph groups over that distance freely taking my turns at pulling. I dont think just riding more will help me achieve that goal thats why I started looking at getting on some sort of a plan.
Old 12-27-13, 07:01 PM
Smokinbbl

Bikes: SuperSix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
I started using Cyclo90 last week. week one of training, and I must say it is kicking my ass. It is well worth the money I spent. Cyclo90 is perfect for newer riders, it is a training plan to get you back to your basics and strengthen your core, sets a base for your cycling specific muscles and allows them to start learning the correct muscle memory to fall back on each year. It gives you 30-60 min sessions during the week, and allows you to ride with your friends, or in a group Sat, and Sunday if you want.

I think you will love it, and it will give you something to use during the off season for the next 10 years if you want!

You can also lessen to his podcast. Its called "everyday cyclist" its kind of like an informercial but there are some really good things in there that he talked about.

After I purchased it, I asked around in my group to see if anyone has ever heard of it. Well come to find out, they have it, and use it, they just don't tell anyone because it give them an edge.

anyways, good luck and I say go for it!

Last edited by Smokinbbl; 12-28-13 at 05:16 AM.
Old 12-27-13, 10:16 PM
KantoBoy

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You can also lessen to his podcast. Its called "everyday cyclist" its kind of like an informercial but there are some really good things in there that he talked about.
I don't know on how I feel about Graham's podcast. One podcast he's excellent - he gets to the point and he's your coach. The next podcast it feels like he's in a barbershop telling stories of years' past.

Cycling 360 used to be informative. The old episodes were awesome. In my opinion the best cycling related podcast there is is the Semi Pro Cyclist : https://semiprocycling.com/

I'm gonna try and see if I can dl a Cyclo90 workout. I liked Carmichael's videos before - it's to the point with no unnecessary crap.
Old 12-28-13, 05:11 AM
Smokinbbl

Bikes: SuperSix

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by KantoBoy
I don't know on how I feel about Graham's podcast. One podcast he's excellent - he gets to the point and he's your coach. The next podcast it feels like he's in a barbershop telling stories of years' past.

Cycling 360 used to be informative. The old episodes were awesome. In my opinion the best cycling related podcast there is is the Semi Pro Cyclist : https://semiprocycling.com/

I'm gonna try and see if I can dl a Cyclo90 workout. I liked Carmichael's videos before - it's to the point with no unnecessary crap.
I feel the same way about the podcast bro. I will have to check that podcast out. I also like the Pack filler. its funny!

I highly recommend the Cyclo90 HIT program. make sure you get the core workouts too. After I did my first core workout, my legs where sore for 4 days!