Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

A Tale of Two Totally Different Customer Services

Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-17, 12:32 PM
Tandem Tom

Bikes: 1992 Serotta Colorado II,Co-Motion Speedster, Giant Escape Hybrid, 1977 Schwinn Super Le Tour

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 455 Post(s)
Liked 112 Times in 85 Posts

The following is my experience with two companies Shutter Precision and Ergon.
When outfitting my wife's bike I pick a Shutter Precision Dynamo Hub. During our cross Canada tour the hub developed bearing problems. After a email to Shutter Precision in Tiawain they sent a replacement hub via DHL to my home. It arrived in 3 days.
Contrast this with Ergon. I bought their BioKork grips. They started delaminating. After a number of emails back and forth to their rep,in California, my replacement will not be made available to me until January or February. Today I had a number of FB messages back and forth with their Head Office. Absolutely no help!
So maybe this is only my experience but I am quite dissatisfied. One would think that with the bicycle industry on shaky footing that the CS aspect would be somewhat important.
Old 10-02-17, 01:20 PM
mstateglfr 
Sunshine

Bikes: '18 class built steel roadbike, '19 Fairlight Secan, '88 Schwinn Premis , Black Mountain Cycles Monstercross V4, '89 Novara Trionfo

Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Quoted: 10964 Post(s)
Liked 7,491 Times in 4,189 Posts
difference between a $120 product thats meant to last and a $32 product that is meant to wear down and be replaced?
One company is willing to stand behind their product thats more expensive and meant to last while the other makes a disposable product...

just spitballin here.
Old 10-02-17, 02:05 PM
Maelochs

Bikes: 2015 Workswell 066, 2017 Workswell 093, 2014 Dawes Sheila, 1983 Cannondale 500, 1984 Raleigh Olympian, 2007 Cannondale Rize 4, 2017 Fuji Sportif 1 LE

Mentioned: 144 Post(s)
Quoted: 7652 Post(s)
Liked 3,478 Times in 1,836 Posts
Every company Should stand behind every product. Tires are meant to wear too, but if your tires developed giant bubble son the first ride, you'd go back and buy more of the same? Cables are consumables, but if you put on four brand-new cables and all four snapped on the first use, you'd buy four more of the same? Tubes wear out ... if you bough two tubes and they came out of the box leaking, you'd buy more from the same source if they refused to address the issue?

That's like saying if you are sold spoiled food, well, food will eventually spoil anyway ........
Old 10-02-17, 06:49 PM
pickettt

Bikes: DiamondBack Podium 7, Focus Raven 1.0, Ritchey BreakAway Cross, (2) Trek 8500, Paramount PDG 90, Trek T2000, Redline Flight Pro 24

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 57 Times in 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Maelochs
Every company Should stand behind every product.
You can drop the mic right there.