Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Beach Cruisers
Reload this Page >

Fork Head tube size for West Coast Choppers

Search
Notices
Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-18, 11:02 AM
snowworks

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I just picked up this West Coast Choppers bike. It came with no Fork, headset or Bars. My question is not knowing the what size is the fork top tube diameter ?? I do know it is a threadless fork they used. Triple tree and large diameter for the fork tubes. 1 or 1 1/8 inch Just do not know. I will measure the tube of the frame and post it. Maybe that will help?? Anybody have a Jesse James WCC 20" bike they can measure? Might have to build a fork for this one. Springer?? Thanks..
I guess I cannot post a pic yet..
Old 01-14-18, 11:23 AM
SquidPuppet
Calamari Marionette Ph.D

Bikes: 3 Chinese Gas Pipe Nerdcycles and 2 Chicago Electroforged Boat Anchors

Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Quoted: 2358 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 26 Posts
Originally Posted by snowworks
I just picked up this West Coast Choppers bike. It came with no Fork, headset or Bars. My question is not knowing the what size is the fork top tube diameter ?? I do know it is a threadless fork they used. Triple tree and large diameter for the fork tubes. 1 or 1 1/8 inch Just do not know. I will measure the tube of the frame and post it. Maybe that will help?? Anybody have a Jesse James WCC 20" bike they can measure? Might have to build a fork for this one. Springer?? Thanks..
I guess I cannot post a pic yet..
You can post a pic from your PC. you just can't use links until you have ten posts.

You will find a lot more people who know a lot more about that type of bike over at Ratrodbikes.com forums. It's a friendly bunch too.
Old 01-19-18, 09:30 AM
Philphine

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 16 Posts
it's 1 1/8". so is an occ chopper fork if you're desperate. probaly be easier to find one, but i'd hold out for a wcc fork (i think it's a better fork anyway) or something nonstock or custom.
Old 02-17-18, 01:03 AM
Jax Rhapsody
Rhapsodic Laviathan

Bikes: Rideable; 83 Schwinn High Sierra. Two cruiser, bmx bike, one other mtb, three road frames, one citybike.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 222 Post(s)
Liked 123 Times in 91 Posts
Yep. Same as Stingray. I have a stingray fork I wanna put on a cruiser.