Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bike pic mission game, if anyone wants to play.

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bike pic mission game, if anyone wants to play.

Old 11-30-19, 08:51 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by Flexderec
Your seat looks tilted too far back.
Per flangehead, a windmill is the next mission. Wanna play?

Old 11-30-19, 09:42 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
Sorry I missed the waterslide in post 93, It only faked me out cuz it was in BOLD. LOL.

Oooo.... I've got a windmill in riding distance!!! I bet a lot of people do.

I don't get the comments about how someone says someones seat is not right. Plus I don't even see what he's talking about. I don't see any seats tilted back. A couple of my seats are that way because they're more comfy that way. The back part of it is flat but the nose angles up. If you make the nose flat then the back part has you sliding forward. Not very comfortable.
Old 11-30-19, 11:41 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Originally Posted by 3S1M
Sorry I missed the waterslide in post 93, It only faked me out cuz it was in BOLD. LOL.

Oooo.... I've got a windmill in riding distance!!! I bet a lot of people do.

I don't get the comments about how someone says someones seat is not right. Plus I don't even see what he's talking about. I don't see any seats tilted back. A couple of my seats are that way because they're more comfy that way. The back part of it is flat but the nose angles up. If you make the nose flat then the back part has you sliding forward. Not very comfortable.
It depends on the seat/saddle design, I'm sure. It's too easy to derail an otherwise good thread with seat tilt comments, though.

No windmills near me that I know of, so I'll sit this round out.

Old 12-01-19, 06:53 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked 758 Times in 407 Posts
I'm having the worst luck with this game. I've been following it closely since the OP. I've wanted to submit mission pics. But every time I've tried something isn't right. Things like: there isn't a mission object in my community; weather isn't conducive for a bike ride; someone beat me to it; etc. But yesterday the planets aligned and I was going on a route that passed a windmill about five miles from my house. I gear up for the ride, head over to the windmill, pull into the parking lot, lean my bike against the fence with the windmill in the background, point my phone to take the pic...and just as I press the button to take the picture my phone dies. It wouldn't power back on. When I had left the house it was at about 50% power. But somehow in the thirty minutes it took me to ride to the windmill the charge depleted completely. So I rolled away again defeated.

But not all was lost! As planned, I continued on for a 25-ish mile ride in the high twenty degree temps. A few miles later...while passing the large, empty parking lot at the beach...I heard the WERRRRRR of a drone flying nearby. I saw it zoom from my periphery then disappear. But I could still hear it. It got farther away, then came closer again. Then it seemed to be following me at about 200' altitude. It stayed up there for several seconds. And I'm thinking "This dork is following me." Just then I could hear it accelerated as if it was going to fly away. Then...silence. Two seconds later it came crashing to the ground in the parking lot about 50 yards to my right. It broke into a few pieces. I never saw, nor heard the pilot. But I'm sure he heard my exuberant laughter as I rolled away.

Dan
Likes For _ForceD_:
Old 12-01-19, 08:03 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I'm having the worst luck with this game. I've been following it closely since the OP. I've wanted to submit mission pics. But every time I've tried something isn't right. Things like: there isn't a mission object in my community; weather isn't conducive for a bike ride; someone beat me to it; etc. But yesterday the planets aligned and I was going on a route that passed a windmill about five miles from my house. I gear up for the ride, head over to the windmill, pull into the parking lot, lean my bike against the fence with the windmill in the background, point my phone to take the pic...and just as I press the button to take the picture my phone dies. It wouldn't power back on. When I had left the house it was at about 50% power. But somehow in the thirty minutes it took me to ride to the windmill the charge depleted completely. So I rolled away again defeated.

But not all was lost! As planned, I continued on for a 25-ish mile ride in the high twenty degree temps. A few miles later...while passing the large, empty parking lot at the beach...I heard the WERRRRRR of a drone flying nearby. I saw it zoom from my periphery then disappear. But I could still hear it. It got farther away, then came closer again. Then it seemed to be following me at about 200' altitude. It stayed up there for several seconds. And I'm thinking "This dork is following me." Just then I could hear it accelerated as if it was going to fly away. Then...silence. Two seconds later it came crashing to the ground in the parking lot about 50 yards to my right. It broke into a few pieces. I never saw, nor heard the pilot. But I'm sure he heard my exuberant laughter as I rolled away.

Dan
What kind of drone jammer do ya have mounted to your ride?
Old 12-02-19, 04:02 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 204 Posts
I have 3 historic windmills not far from me, but all 3 are located in an open-air ethnographic museum, where I'd have to pay an entrance fee. That said, I know a way to sneak in, but I'm not sure bikes are allowed in there, so I'm also not sure if I wouldn't attract unneeded attention that way. Anyhow, I could possibly get a daylight shot only on weekends, so I reckon someone will beat me to it anyway.
Old 12-02-19, 04:51 AM
PedalingWalrus

Bikes: Corvid Sojourner, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Co-Motion Divide, Co-Motion Java Tandem, Salsa Warbird, Salsa Beargrease, Carver Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked 435 Times in 227 Posts

Next: a bike on snow
Likes For PedalingWalrus:
Old 12-02-19, 08:46 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1012 Post(s)
Liked 758 Times in 407 Posts
The 'bike on snow" is a good mission, but IMO somewhat unfair. People in southern latitudes (or northern latitudes if you live south of the equator) don't really have access to snow. I think the missions should have wider availability to all.

Dan
Old 12-02-19, 09:05 AM
subgrade

Bikes: Focus Crater Lake

Quoted: 391 Post(s)
Liked 336 Times in 204 Posts
The 'bike on snow" is a good mission, but IMO somewhat unfair. People in southern latitudes (or northern latitudes if you live south of the equator) don't really have access to snow. I think the missions should have wider availability to all.

Dan
And vice versa - for those up north, like me, it poses no challenge at all. I don't even need to get on my bike, just take it outside
Old 12-02-19, 10:10 AM
308jerry

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 88 Posts
You mean like this, is it enough snow?
Old 12-02-19, 10:13 AM
308jerry

Yes it's at home but I did go out for a ride before I read the mission. Then thought, snow? Heck yeah.....
Old 12-02-19, 10:54 AM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

I don't want to discourage anyone from playing this game, nor irritate anyone. But for me I'm ok with the missions that might be biased towards a region. As we saw if it gets done rather quickly it doesn't really disrupt the flow. And another mission will be coming soon. I totally understand the desire for the missions to be geared towards all regions, but I also don't want to stop the creativity of someone choosing a mission. There are bound to be difficult missions for people in a certain area. I think it's just something we might have to live with in order to play the game. Like when someone did the antique car or classic car, I knew it would be pretty difficult around here at the time because most people up here put them away when the snow flies. And it had already snowed at the time. But it didn't take very long and someone got it out west and posted a new mission. I got to see a cool picture I would have never seen and someone got to participate. To me it's all good.

Like if someone says a bike and a waterfall, there are only going to be a limited amount of people that can do that. But boy would that be cool to see if someone did have one near them.

Does that make sense? I hope that isn't irritating to anyone. I just desire that we all play and have a good time and not get real caught up in the details. As long as someone on here can complete a mission in a decent amount of time, that's all that really matters, to me. I hope that is agreeable to you guys and gals.
Likes For 3S1M:
Old 12-02-19, 11:00 AM
3S1M

Dan
Well I hope you get the mission soon and I'm looking forward to seeing it!!! Thanks for wanting to participate!!!!! The more the merrier. I'm sure you'll get one sooner or later.
Old 12-02-19, 12:09 PM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem; 1985 Performance Superbe

Quoted: 385 Post(s)
Liked 562 Times in 328 Posts
Originally Posted by PedalingWalrus
Wonderful!
Likes For flangehead:
Old 12-02-19, 12:12 PM
3S1M

Originally Posted by 308jerry
Yes it's at home but I did go out for a ride before I read the mission. Then thought, snow? Heck yeah.....

What's your new mission? Looks like snow to me, so I'm assuming that's good enough. We have a bit too and I could've done it. LOL.
Old 12-02-19, 12:16 PM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem; 1985 Performance Superbe

Next?

...As long as someone on here can complete a mission in a decent amount of time, that's all that really matters.....
+1

Next?
Old 12-02-19, 12:28 PM
308jerry

Next Mission

NEXT MISSION IS YOUR BIKE IN FRONT OF AN OUTDOOR RESTAURANT/BISTRO WITH PEOPLE AT A TABLE .
Don't care if there's snow on the ground or next to a beach..... 😎

Last edited by 308jerry; 12-02-19 at 06:19 PM.
Likes For 308jerry:
Old 12-02-19, 04:31 PM
308jerry

Dan
​​Dammer man... I should have had the next mission be a bike next to a Drone crash site. Lol
Old 12-02-19, 05:19 PM
3S1M

Yeah, but that already happened. Should be taken AFTER the mission is posted.

Are you in Wisconsin? It looks like about the amount of snow I had at my house last night, but it's already gone.
Old 12-02-19, 05:21 PM
3S1M

And by the way pedalingwalrus, that is a fantastic pic!!!!
Likes For 3S1M:
Old 12-02-19, 06:14 PM
308jerry

Yeah, but that already happened. Should be taken AFTER the mission is posted.

Are you in Wisconsin? It looks like about the amount of snow I had at my house last night, but it's already gone.
No, I'm in southwest Nebraska. We had about six inches the day before Thanksgiving, then some flurries over the weekend. The wind blew up to 60 mph Saturday night through most of yesterday. Beautiful all day today....
Old 12-02-19, 06:58 PM
flangehead

Cool Customers. Target: Tunnel

(Notice where I parked...)

Target: Tunnel.
Likes For flangehead:
Old 12-02-19, 07:09 PM
308jerry

Nice, mission accomplished !! . I was going to ask for a good looking lady in the picture but didn't want to appear like a pervert. Lol
Old 12-03-19, 08:27 AM
PedalingWalrus

Bikes: Corvid Sojourner, Surly Ice Cream Truck, Co-Motion Divide, Co-Motion Java Tandem, Salsa Warbird, Salsa Beargrease, Carver Tandem

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Liked 435 Times in 227 Posts

Next Pic Should Be a bike with a COW :-)
Likes For PedalingWalrus:
Old 12-03-19, 08:45 AM
flangehead

Originally Posted by PedalingWalrus
:-)
Tremendous!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.