Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Training & Nutrition
Reload this Page >

Do you follow a certain diet?

Search
Notices
Training & Nutrition Learn how to develop a training schedule that's good for you. What should you eat and drink on your ride? Learn everything you need to know about training and nutrition here.

Do you follow a certain diet?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-19, 07:05 PM
wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Beef, pork and chicken is back on my menu. I went back to eating meat daily...Tried vegetarian for a while and it wasn't sustainable for me, no matter how many healthy whole foods I eat. I just don't feel right unless I eat meat regularly. There is something about meat that my body needs and I don't feel normal without it.
Old 08-12-19, 09:18 AM
Hoyista

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I try and keep it balanced. I do have to odd takeaway or fatty and high-calorie meals but I limit these. A lot of meals are freshly prepared and nutritious and I try to make good choices. Things I tend to struggle with are breakfasts which I don't generally eat, not eating enough fruit and veg, and post-workout/ recovery meals which are non-existent or not what I should be eating really.
Old 08-18-19, 07:27 PM
drbarney1

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 18 Posts
Try a scoop of whey protein after workout to make your muscles metabolic with protein synthesis. My favorite brands are Legion and Biotrust but brands imported from New Zealand are also good and all can be prepared in only a minute.
Old 10-19-19, 07:13 PM
B._W.

Bikes: not enough

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
I do keto (low carb high fat) and it really helps performance. When peoples bodies run on carbs and they deplete their carb stores (burning energy), they crash. Since my body runs on keytones (fat), when my body uses up all of the fat that I eat, it pulls more from my body fat to use as extra energy.

There is the added bonus of being able to think more clearly since ketones are the preferred fuel source for the brain.
Likes For B._W.: