Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Sizing up to XL @ 6'1" with 34" inseam (Vitus Mythique 27 VRX 2020)

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-21, 08:44 AM
PinchFlatLine

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I saw the rare 2020 Mythique 27 VRX pop up on a classifieds website (rare because it's in the United States), but it's for an XL.

I'm a whisker under 6'1", with a 34" inseam.

The Mythique VRX website says my height is on the high end of a Large, but my inseam on the low end of XL.

Should I pass on it knowing I'm probably better heighted for a Large (at the high end), or go for it seeing that my inseam (presumably for standover height) is a match at XL?
Old 06-06-21, 10:28 AM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 270 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
I took a look at the geometry on their web site. I’m your height and leg length. Have not ridden one but test road a few other newer 29ers while shopping. For a mountain bike on tight technical single track I’d go large. For trails with not a lot of tight turns you could stretch to the extra large. They do look nice. Wish their were dealers in the US.
Old 06-07-21, 06:05 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Is 34” your pants length or your cycling inseam?

i wear 30” inseam trousers but have a cycling inseam of 32.5

this is basically the height of your pubic bone and can be determined by putting a flat object between your legs and backing up to a wall - mark where it hits assuming it is level, then measure down from there. Its a longer measurement than trouser length for.most people and it looks like Vitus specifies the inside leg measurement on their website, which would indicate the “cycling leglength”

but a test ride trumps everything