Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg)
Reload this Page >

Who makes the best fitting Clydesdale/Athena wear?

Notices
Clydesdales/Athenas (200+ lb / 91+ kg) Looking to lose that spare tire? Ideal weight 200+? Frustrated being a large cyclist in a sport geared for the ultra-light? Learn about the bikes and parts that can take the abuse of a heavier cyclist, how to keep your body going while losing the weight, and get support from others who've been successful.

Old 10-10-19, 01:57 PM
G.Money

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I've been on the lookout for the best cycling wear for the Plus+ size rider. And not finding much. I'm teetering on launching a brand to address this gap (and gaff) in the performance apparel world. Do you have a favorite company or brand? What do you like about them? Sound off!
Old 10-10-19, 02:38 PM
GAtkins

Bikes: 2021 Trek Domane SLR7 Project One 62cm- 2010 Specialized Allez 61cm

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked 88 Times in 44 Posts
https://www.aerotechdesigns.com/
Old 10-10-19, 03:06 PM
dagray

Bikes: Orbea Orca,Raleigh Talus 29er, Centurion Le Mans 12 speed

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 84 Times in 42 Posts
I have used aerotechdesigns for bib shorts. They are good, but I prefer Endura or Bellwether for bib shorts. For jerseys I have one Aerotech designs that fits a bit loose (again good quality), and some Primal 4x that fit as well as Suarez jerseys that fit. I got my jerseys from Love2Pedal.com which is owned by a member here.

I also have a couple 4x and 5x jerseys I picked up on Amazon.com that fit well.
Old 10-14-19, 11:13 AM
Aahzz

Bikes: '17 Trek FX2, '19 Trek FX 3 Disc

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Liked 214 Times in 87 Posts
Aerotech
Old 10-15-19, 03:38 PM
TheDudeIsHere

Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked 276 Times in 161 Posts
love2pedal dot com...Bought several jerseys there, up to 5x (varies from brand to brand) but the Primal wear is pretty cool. Got some great deals after getting a $5 discount card with my first purchase.

I have a hard time finding jerseys in a bike shop as they run small and terrible selection (I am not one to pay $100 for a jersey to promote their shop).

I bought about 6 jerseys there last year, very cool stuff. Oh yeah, got a free pair of socks with each purchase though I am not sure if this promo continues.

Gotten jerseys for as low as $24 as there are plenty hit and miss sales. $5 off card I got one of my favorites for $19.

I believe the dude Dan signs on every now and then giving away free stuff here.

Great customer service. With one of my purchases, I ordered the same size in a Primal brand and a Suarez brand. He took the time to personally send me an email and explain the difference in size from one brand to another.

Few years ago, I got a pair of shorts that were slightly defective at the chamois area from the mfg'er. I contacted him, sent another pair immediately. Told me to keep the damaged pair for short rides. Pretty cool!
Old 10-16-19, 04:11 PM
cyclist2000

Bikes: Masi, Giant TCR, Eisentraut (retired), Jamis Aurora Elite, Zullo, Cannondale, 84 & 93 Stumpjumpers, Waterford, Tern D8, Bianchi, Gunner Roadie, Serotta, Serotta Duette, was gifted a Diamond Back

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 305 Post(s)
Liked 2,038 Times in 604 Posts
It really depends on what you mean by plus size. I got large enough to wear size 42 waist pants. At that size, my favorite bib shorts are Assos ($$$) and that is wearing their largest size. I haven't tried Aerotech or love2pedal, but I have tried Pearl Izumi, Gore bike wear, Sugoi, castelli and desent (that's going way back).

Ok, back to the Assos, I just think the fit for me is great, and the insert is the most comfortable chamois that I have ever used.